Brewer Fanatic

6/9/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Rangers (McCarthy): 7:35 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ What the heck? Sheets is only at 100 pitches, and he is pitching a shutout! What is happening? What is wrong with Ned Yost? Sometimes I want to kick him right in the face! ]

Like I said earlier in the thread, the word from the booth was that Sheets looks as though he said he was done.

Good job TBow.

Now the real question...why can't Sheets pitch more than 7 innings? The heat, the blister? Yost wanting to stay consistent using TBow in the 8th and Cordero in the 9th? I would hope Ben would want the ball in the 8th inning when he has a shut out going?

2 observations.

Turnbow is still filthy good. One of the best set-up guys in the game, who has struggled the 2 or 3 times this year that he couldn't get his breaking ball over.

Ben Sheets really needs to prove on Friday @ Minnesota that he is an ace. I mean tonight he pitched OK, but he walked 2 batters and gave up 4 hits. Friday will be a great measuring stick to determine the true staff ace, Capuano or Sheets.

[ Now the real question...why can't Sheets pitch more than 7 innings? The heat, the blister? Yost wanting to stay consistent using TBow in the 8th and Cordero in the 9th? I would hope Ben would want the ball in the 8th inning when he has a shut out going? ]

I'll say the heat... He looked pretty uncomfortable sitting on the bench, but that's just a total guess.

This is the Derrick Turnbow I wish I could see consistently.

However, he tickles us with these outings enough to give him chance after chance.

I still have little faith when he comes in, but I will tip my cap today.

Let's win this snoozer so I can pack for my three week trip to New Jersey (yuck) for work.

Archived