Brewer Fanatic

6/9/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Rangers (McCarthy): 7:35 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no idea why a brewer fan needs to continously make fun of their own players. Over and over and over. We know. They are not that good. But they do some good things. Heck JJ, Weeks, and Hall should be on that list with their hitting lately. Heck even JJ's D has been bad.

I have no idea why a brewer fan needs to continously make fun of their own players. Over and over and over. We know. They are not that good. But they do some good things. Heck JJ, Weeks, and Hall should be on that list with their hitting lately. Heck even JJ's D has been bad.

What?

Benny's been dealin' here tonight. This inning provided only the second scare of the night with that long fly ball to LF. The only other time I worried a little was men on 2nd and 3rd for TX with 1 out. He got out of that one pretty well too. I'd like for him to have a few more runs to work with here.

I'm sorry but for all the people who are Gabe Gross backers, what is your rationale? He hasn't done anything to impress me....ever. He's a very average hitter and really his D isn't all that great either. I think it's one of those good ol' cases of backing a guy who's normally on the bench who people feel should play solely because other regular starters are playing poorly.

I'm sorry but for all the people who are Gabe Gross backers, what is your rationale?

The way he has hit RHP's the last season plus since he joined the Brewers and his ability to draw a walk.

No one is saying he should play every day, as far as I know, so the whole question is basically a straw man. Many (myself included) think he's the 4th best OF on the team, and should play accordingly.

Regardless neither should start the best OFers we have are Hall, Hart and Jenkins.

As Brett said, I don't think many people would disagree with that. Most Gross supporters just don't like seeing him lose playing time to TGJ.

That's fair enough. I can't disagree with the point about Gross having a decent eye at the plate. Thus, he's a perfect pinch hitter late in ballgames. A guy who possibly could provide some punch and more often than not, put together at least a decent AB.

I guess I fall in the category of not liking the guy very much because I enjoy watching TGJ play. I like his punch-and-run style, his defense, and his ability to cause havoc on the base paths.

Archived