Brewer Fanatic

6/9/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Rangers (McCarthy): 7:35 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unreal.

No this isn't a game you look back on a month. It's a game you look back on a decade, maybe 2.

Give Texas credit. Brewers played a solid game. Texas outplayed them. Ump was bad but he was bad for both sides.

Bad karma for Cordero there. I was thinking all game he might blow his first save, then Brewers opened up 3-0 lead, get first 2 outs, you figure game over.

The ump blows the call on 0-2.

I guarantee he calls that in a 2-2 or 3-2 count. However, sometimes they expect a ball in that position and want to give hitter another chance.

Don't get down on Cordero too much either. None of those balls were really hit hard at all. I really doubt his confidence will be hurt much.

That was just crazy odd to Coco. Gets the first two out and then is ahead 0-2 on the next 3 batters, but all 3 end up getting hits? Was he not throwing his slider? Weird.

Just some bad Arlington ju-ju for Coco. 22 of 23 is save opportunities is still nothing to complain about, but if the demons of Texas comeback to turn CoCo into Salamon Torres. We'll be pointing to this game for awhile.

Quite a few tough losses this past month. This is likely the toughest though.

I'm done caring. I have taken a glass half full approach and figure this:

The Brewers are going to be good for the next half decade. AT LEAST. I am not going to get myself worked up over one season (if it comes to that) or hopefully just one long bad stretch of baseball games early on in the early stages of this team's future success. I just can't take the nights anymore that I am freaking out over a loss that the team had that ONE night. This might belong in the vent thread, but I just thought that it was actually taking a optimistic approach. This team WILL be good someday. It might not be this year. It might be this year, but whenever it is, I am looking forward to it.

As a long time Brewers fan I can feel this season slipping away, much like I've experienced many hopefull seasons go down the drain over the years. Yeah I'm probably going overboard but we've seen this in the past. I gotta think that since we hit the 24-10 mark, we've got to have one of the worst records in baseball. That's a pathetic stat given that we have three of the top players at their positions in the league (Fielder, Cordero, JJ). Talk about not playing up to your potential. Adios Ned, whether it's this week, the next or October, get your resume ready because you're going to get canned sooner or later.

I was in Laughlin, NV all day and hurried home, listening to the game on XM in the car, stopped at Walmart with them up 1-0 in the 8th, and, back in the car, found them up 3-0 with CoCo in.

Game winner was hit just as I turned on the TV in the house. Glad I missed the fireworks. I'm disappointed. I feel bad for Sheeter. I feel bad for the team.

I hope Cordero won't pull a Turnbow on us due to his former Texas demons haunting him again. At least he threw enough pitches that he may not be called on in tomorrow's game (but with the off-day on Monday, anything's possible).

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Verified Member

I think I just spent the last 10 minutes staring at a blank wall with a shell-shocked look on my face. I am clearly in a state of denial right now. I feel like a total zombie.

Did that choke really just happen? Was I dreaming?

It hasn't really hit me yet.

Verified Member
Quote:
As a long time Brewers fan I can feel this season slipping away

I saw the DVD of the 1982 Brewers and apparently they had a poor first half of the season. That's the only thing giving me hope right now.

Of course, the manager got fired that season too.

I had a sinking feeling while at work that Cordero would end up having his first blown save of the year in Texas either tonight or tomorrow. I hate when I'm right.

This one hurts, especially with how well Sheets pitched.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

OK, so I was falling asleep on and off toward the end of the game, and last thing I saw was Coco coming in and the Brewers up 3-0.

Check the box score now, lose 4-3.

I think even the most optimistic people would agree things aren't going that well right now.

Time to look for a new closer.

Quote:
have to back away for a week to clear my head.

brewmann...you might be onto something. its been a painful month with a lot of tough losses... the 2 games in philly, the late inning implosions at Miller Park against the Braves and Cubs during the last homestand and especially tonight.

I may join you on the week break. could be a good thing. i think i'll check back on the team next thursday. thats sheets' next scheduled start and the way he's been throwing I'd hate to miss one of his starts

but in the end, who am i foolin? I'll be back here tommorow hoping Dave Bush can salvage at least in Texas. i'll take monday off

Time for me to take off from watching the Brewers.

I take these losses to personal and have to back away for a week to clear my head.

I was considering jumping down an elevator shaft, but I might try your approach first instead.

Quote:
Just incredible. The chances of Texas winning that game down 0-2 with 2 outs in the 9th are astronomically low.
I went to check earlier. The exact odds with two out and nobody on in the ninth with a three-run lead were a 99.994% chance of victory (and I'm sure those odds increased even more after Cordero got the guy to an 0-2 count).

How disheartening...

I have it all in one simple word! HOW?

How do you let that slide, I know coco was going to drop one, all good things come to an end. This is NOT coco!!! WHY? It's a crap team, we were up 3-0, 2outs with 2 strikes on the board. What the hell?

When i first saw the score, i figured there was no way Sheets lost this game for us. Not that i think he is immune to losing, but i figured if Sheets were to give up more than one or two in Texas, he would give up 7 or 8. I then concluded that one of the relievers gave up the win and had a sick feeling that it was Cordero. I wouldn't mind as much if it wasn't Texas, but come on. Oh well, we still won that trade in a landslide and we are still in first place.

As for Benny, he's pretty far down on the ERA list, i think 13th. He doesn't have the strikeouts he has had in the past either. Only 16 walks, though. He's been walking more people this year than ever and he's still one of the league lows. Either way, his record alone isn't going to vault him into the All Star game. Unless, of course, Ben wins all of his starts until the break and Bucksperson, or whatever he refers to himself as, is the National League manager this year. Even then, he would still probably pick Capuano.

Last night was like a huge kick in the groin. I went to bed figuring the Brewers had it in the bag, since Cordero was coming on, and proceeded to watch things completely fall apart while lying in bed. Just awful.

I don't know what is with this team. It's like they don't feel like being in first place anymore, but they still hold a five game lead over the Cubs. It's totally ridiculous.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived