Brewer Fanatic

6/9/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Rangers (McCarthy): 7:35 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Sorry guys, I was too busy last night and today to make graphics for the IGT. Heres to Benny throwing a great game tonight and getting us the win! I should have graphics up tomorrow, yeah I know I am a slacker http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Milwaukee Brewers

Ben Sheets - (6-3, 3.51)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070530/capt.d2411e3b58264379946664fda2d59b65.braves_brewers_baseball_wimg104.jpg

sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=4571&teamId=13

"Sheets turned in his seventh consecutive quality start, scattering seven hits over six shutout innings against the Marlins on Sunday afternoon. The flamethrower struck out seven and walked just one in the outing. Milwaukee named Sheets its Pitcher of the Month for May, when he went 4-1 with a 3.29 ERA over six starts. " (MLB.com)

@

Texas Rangers

Brandon McCarthy - (4-4, 6.35)

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070526/capt.b0966393a85e4e53ab8888842021917d.red_sox_rangers_arl122.jpg

"http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/bvsp?playerId=6191"

"McCarthy returns to the rotation after skipping one start because of a blister on his right middle finger. He threw a simulated game on Tuesday and the finger was fine. He last pitched on May 25 against the Red Sox and was forced out of that game after giving up four runs in two innings. Prior to that he was 3-0 with a 2.31 ERA in his four previous starts. He has never pitched against the Brewers." (MLB.com)

General Information

TV - WMLW 41 / FSN Wisconsin

Radio - AM 620 WTMJ

Online - MLB.com GameDay, ESPN.com GameCast

Game Information

MLB.com Preview

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy birthday crewcrazy. I hope the Brewers give you extra reason to celebrate like they did for me on my birthday (They won twice in one evening vs. Marlins).

This pitching matchup looks great on paper: A hot Sheets vs. he with a 6+ ERA. Go Brewers.

To be fair, McCarthy is a pretty good young pitcher. I could see the Brewers struggling against him, and he doesn't even have electric stuff like Robinson Tejeda does. Only Kevin Mench and Grafft have ever faced McCarthy before...Mench is something like 1-7 and Graffy is 2-5 with an OPS of 1.000 IIRC. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Come on Ben, just like you have before this season. Get us a W after a few tough painful to watch losses. I can only hope the offense can put up 6 runs for Sheets. If they do I see a victory. And Billy please finally break out of this bad first half, I keep saying your going to so one day I hope to be right.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Crazy Line-up Night!

Tony Gwynn CF

Gabe Gross DH

Ryan Braun 3B

Prince Fielder 1B

Corey Hart RF

Geoff Jenkins LF

Tony Graffanino 2B

Damian Miller C

Craig Counsell SS

Kenny Lofton CF

Marlon Byrd RF

Michael Young SS

Sammy Sosa DH

Frank Catalanotto LF

Ian Kinsler 2B

Brad Wilkerson 1B

Ramon Vazquez 3B

Gerald Laird C

It's sad that Johnny Estrada needs to sit completely to get him out of the 5 spot. I don't like both Counsell and Graffy in the lineup, but I must say that a 3-4-5 of Braun-Fielder-Hart looks pretty good. Other than that...Gwynn, Graffy, *and* Counsell in the lineup? Is Ned trying to small ball in a hitter's park??

Edit: Looks like Teixeira's quad injury might be a little more serious than originally thought...he's missing the first game in his entire career.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Not a bad lineup. I kinda figured Billy would sit tonight after a rough night yesterday. Im actually glad Miller is playing instead of Estrada. JJ getting a night off as well. I love Hart as lead-off, but seeing him 5 is okay by me, big upgrade from Estrada in that spot.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

In the Madison area, I just hit 26 to see if Brewers Live was on and it was an East-West high school baseball game. I hope this is going to be over by the 7:35 start time, it's in the 5th already.

This game was supposed to be on FSN, right?

Bill Hall needs to realize that he should try to hit the ball the other way. He has been terrible before he gets to 2 strikes. Then he actually tries to hit the ball somewhere other than left field.

I have no problem with a lineup switch. Prince has had 10HR and 16 RBI in his last 17 games. 10 HR and only 16RBI?

Hardy gets a well deserved rest.

Who knows? Maybe Gwynn and Gross carved up McCarthy in AAA!

Quote:
In the Madison area, I just hit 26 to see if Brewers Live was on and it was an East-West high school baseball game. I hope this is going to be over by the 7:35 start time, it's in the 5th already.

I'm getting the same thing here in Eau Claire. But according to my tv guide, the game is supposed to be on FSN tonight.

Quote:
Not in Milwaukee - Channel 41.

I wonder about Madison.

I checked the listings on my Charter menu and it says it's on at 7:30. We'll see if this stupid high school game is over with, I know I'd much rather watch high school baseball players than the Brewers.

Archived