Brewer Fanatic

6/10/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Rangers (Padilla): 7:35 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
We still got a tough week ahead of us, and this team is gonna have to work really hard to return to Milwaukee with a record of .500 or better.

You know you might be right, but I got a theory. Take 1 of the first 2 in Detriot and then I'll take my chances with Sheets on Thursday.

We miss Johan Santana in Minnesota. Not that that was a huge bonus when we played them last month, but I'd still rather take my chances against the guys not named Santana in that rotation.

We have 6 games left on the trip. 3 wins is possible. Thats all I'm asking for. No need to get greedy. That would keep us at +5 going into a 9 game homestand against (SF, KC and HOU).

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Vargas pitching tonight I will assume we see...

Suppan vs Verlander

Capuano vs Maroth

Sheets vs Durbin

...in the Detroit series?

Everyone will be on normal 4 days rest except Suppan who will still get 5 days...

I think the Brewers had 27 base runners total (22 hits, 2 walks, 2 HBP, 1 E) over 12 innings and scored exactly 1/3rd of them. If that way off of expected? What's a normal game? Something like 12 runners and 4.5 runs?

And the fact that the Brewers will miss the Tigers' and Twins' aces is certainly a positive.

Well, if they hold on for this win, they would have to go 0-6 vs. DET/MIN to return to Milwaukee under .500. I'm just frustrated as all hell right now, even with this win.

Detroit is on fire right now and Minny is coming on. We still could very possibly have another week of hell in front of us.

I'm expecting 2-4 or worse to end the road trip.

Detroit is 6-4 in their last 10. I know they just took the series from the Mets, but I wouldn't necessarily say they're on fire.

The Twins are 4-6 and just lost a series to the Nationals. At home.

I realize it'll be tough to win either series, but it's not like either team has been playing exceptionally well lately.

Quote:
Sparky says he has breaking news regarding Ned Yost.

My guess is Ned needs a medical procedure performed that will leave him out of the dugout for an extended period of time.

Vargas was probably scheduled for a Bullpen session today anyway, I highly doubt that would affect his availability.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Quote:
Vargas was probably scheduled for a Bullpen session today anyway, I highly doubt that would affect his availability.

Yeah. He's not scheduled to start again until Saturday. So I guess, he could even throw 20 pitches or so on Tuesday if needed. Hopefully not, but I imagine he'll be in the pen Tuesday too.

Archived