Brewer Fanatic

4/3/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Dempster): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yfinn...To tell you the truth, that throw was kinda close...ESP. if the throw made it to home plate not 3 or 4 feet down the line

Not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic with that response, but then it really wasn't that close. It was a good throw from the distance in RF, but he's trying to throw out a really fast runner. Your throw has to be better than awesome to make it a play. That's the point I was trying to make.

Soto was standing about 5 feet up the third base line, right in Rickie's running path and as Rickie came to home plate, he just lowered his shoulder a knocked Soto over and Gywn was tagging from second on the play and never stopped running and scored as well because the ball got away from Soto and Dempster, backing up the play, lobbed it over Soto's head, not that there would have been a play anyway.

What happened? Uecker confused me with his description.

2nd and 3rd Prince flew out to Fukudome, Fukudome threw home, Weeks ran over Soto who was in the baseline before the ball got there, the ball got past Soto and then Gwynn came around to score after the ball got away.

If I remember correctly, Weeks lit up somebody at the plate in Miller Park last season.

He did. It was against San Francisco. Hit him so hard he knocked the ball into the Brewer dugout.

Archived