Brewer Fanatic

4/3/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Dempster): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
interesting watching Gameday's take on the pitching. Marmol has pitches 6 inches off the plate for called strikes (see Weeks AB) and Turnbow is getting all of the plate for balls apparently.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: did the 79 loss World Series champion St. Louis Cardinals have killer instinct

Yes, absolutely. They all have rings to prove it.

What bugs some people I think is the suggestion that anyone is less of a fan if they accept a loss and dont start throwing office furniture when the team doesn't sweep.

I would hope your not suggesting I am throwing things around, because I am not that hyper. A loss is a loss, i'm over it.

So it's possible to be in the playoffs, but not be in World Series contention, because you don't have killer instinct? Can you not make the playoffs and still have killer instinct? Are there different levels of killer instinct?

Of course there are different levels. Like the level my nephew has is cute. He is 8, but thinks he can take anyone down. He gets taken down, but gets back up and keeps at it. Rather than cry and get all snippity and bitter, he keeps coming back at you. Of course he can't win the WS, he's only 8! But he sure has that Killer Instinct.

Archived