Brewer Fanatic

4/3/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Dempster): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll take 2 of 3 against the Cubs anytime we face Zambrano in a series and we throw two marginal starting pitchers against them.

in fact, I'll take 2 of 3 against the Cubs anytime, period.

still some game left - it'd be nice to shut them down the next two frames and get some sort of rally going to make it interesting!

Sometimes you are just not going to win.

I completely agree. However it was right there. The statement a 3 game sweep, on the road, against the division favorite would have been huge. And now it is nearly reduced to, well at least we took 2 of 3 and that aint bad. Of course its not bad, but its not nearly as nice as the sweep would have been. That is why i am not bringing the roses today. Other days sure, June - July, take all the 2 of 3s you like. But just this week a sweep of the Cubs would have been nice.

I don't think its all that unreasonable to be disappointed when your starting pitcher walks three and hits a guy in a single inning.

And I'm certainly of the opinion that Yost has made some questionable pitching choices. Sending Bush back out for the sixth is another.

Sometimes you are just not going to win.

I completely agree. However it was right there. The statement a 3 game sweep, on the road, against the division favorite would have been huge. And now it is nearly reduced to, well at least we took 2 of 3 and that aint bad. Of course its not bad, but its not nearly as nice as the sweep would have been. That is why i am not bringing the roses today. Other days sure, June - July, take all the 2 of 3s you like. But just this week a sweep of the Cubs would have been nice.

90-72 isn't a bad record, but not nearly as nice as 162-0 would have been.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

If the Brewers win 2 out of every 3, I'm pretty sure they'll make the playoffs (even without killer instinct).

That doesn't seem realistic. Sweeping the Cubs today seemed realistic until just recently. And if they would miraculously win 2 out of every 3 games, i believe they would have developed killer instinct.

Wait, but the fact that they "only" took 2 of 3 this series doesn't mean they have this mysterious "Killer Instinct" though?

Gallardo may have changed this around, but I would have liked to have the sweep, if only to have a psychological edge against the Cubs down the road. There is still a chance later this month...

I don't think its all that unreasonable to be disappointed when your starting pitcher walks three and hits a guy in a single inning.

And I'm certainly of the opinion that Yost has made some questionable pitching choices. Sending Bush back out for the sixth is another.

If its a playoff game, I would agree. But, its only the 3rd game of the season, and the bullpen can only throw so many innings on the year.

We all still have the off-season syndrome, having the NFL/NBA/NCAA mindset that each game means a whole lot more than a single game in baseball. Everyone's bummed about losing games early in the season, that's just the way it is.

That is why i am not bringing the roses today. Other days sure, June - July, take all the 2 of 3s you like. But just this week a sweep of the Cubs would have been nice.

I dunno, we had a lot of "statement" series last April and look how that worked out in July and August. I'll take 85-90 wins at any interval the team chooses.

McClung isn't as bad as everybody makes him out to be. I think it's important to have a guy like him to go to for long relief in a game like this, especially for all the people complaining that Torres, Mota and Riske are already overworked.

I wouldn't mind seeing Turnbow come in late in this game for some action.

McClung isn't as bad as everybody makes him out to be. I think it's important to have a guy like him to go to for long relief in a game like this, especially for all the people complaining that Torres, Mota and Riske are already overworked.

It'd be nice to see Prince go yard.

You can't win every game, but it should be very rare that your manager puts you in a position where you're less likely to win.

Today didn't seem like "just one of those days." Yost sending Bush out for another inning might have been (and could still be) the difference.

Killer instict is not mysterious. It simply means you expect to win, day in and day out. Expect it and get it.

So reading this any team that doesn't go 162-0 doesn't have it. You need not only "expect it," you've got to get it.

Silly.

I'm not real down on McClung but his past performance is pretty bad. 2005 ERA+ 63 (109 innings), 2006 ERA + 73 (103 innings).

Archived