Brewer Fanatic

4/3/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Dempster): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McDung strikes again! Where is the team that played the first two games?

Still at the hotel hungover probably.

No road sweeps since... what... August 2004?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Could it be the same people saying at least we took 2 of 3 are the same ones that said at least we had a winning record last year? Its called killer instinct, and the team that has it will be playing in October. Its never too early to get a sweep, nor to expect it if you want to see a dominant, winning ballclub. Just let the sky fall on this game and bring the rosiness tomorrow, K.

It's just the frustration. Our #3 pitcher just shouldn't have been this bad on his first outing. Plus, the leaving in of Bush too long is like a bad hangover from last season. There is long held bitterness over Yost's pitcher management and this just brings it right up. If we were starting fresh, maybe the anger wouldn't be so bad.

Could it be the same people saying at least we took 2 of 3 are the same ones that said at least we had a winning record last year? Its called killer instinct, and the team that has it will be playing in October. Its never too early to get a sweep, nor to expect it if you want to see a dominant, winning ballclub. Just let the sky fall on this game and bring the rosiness tomorrow, K.

It's the same ones that can accept a loss in the third game of the year. Also the ones who see that we took 2 of 3 (at least) from the favorite of the division, on the road. And the ones who know that a team will give up runs and may not score a bunch every game. It's called the reality of playing a game. I always like to relate to games I play. I don't win every pickup basketball game or summer baseball league game. Sometimes you are just not going to win.

If the Brewers win 2 out of every 3, I'm pretty sure they'll make the playoffs (even without killer instinct).

That doesn't seem realistic. Sweeping the Cubs today seemed realistic until just recently. And if they would miraculously win 2 out of every 3 games, i believe they would have developed killer instinct.

It's possible to be disappointed in the loss, and specific performances, and yet not write off the team (or its fans) as having no killer instinct, insisting they are losers if they don't sweep. Of course everyone is starved for games that count. Still, winning 2 of 3 on the road against your chief rivals is still nice. JMO of course...

If the Brewers win 2 out of every 3, I'm pretty sure they'll make the playoffs (even without killer instinct).

That doesn't seem realistic. Sweeping the Cubs today seemed realistic until just recently. And if they would miraculously win 2 out of every 3 games, i believe they would have developed killer instinct.

Wait, but the fact that they "only" took 2 of 3 this series doesn't mean they have this mysterious "Killer Instinct" though?

Archived