Brewer Fanatic

4/3/08 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Dempster): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I'd like to inform Brian Anderson that Carlos Villanueva has the best control of anyone on the staff. He's a painter.

The same Carlos Villanueva that walked over 4 per 9 innings last year? I would say Sheets has the best control.

I anticipated the over-simplified walk argument. Carlos Villanueva is smart enough to know that he doesn't have lights out stuff so he has to force the most dangerous pitchers to chase "his" pitch. Often his pitch is a virtually unhittable one, and if the batter is seeing the baseball well enough he won't swing. Good finesse pitchers should walk a batter every once in a while. Otherwise they're being too aggressive.

I could be labeled as having the best stuff on the Brewers staff if I my primary goal was to never walk anyone. But my ERA would be about 100.

Villanueva locates his pitches where he's intending. A bit on and off the corners. He defines great control.

Really? How many? Who? I know Bushy wears them, but the past two games and the two preseason games at MP, no one but Kapler and Bush rocked them.

Gwynn and Fielder are for sure. Haven't noticed anybody else, maybe Hart.

I hate this long leash everyone has at the beginning of the season. Is there anyone out there that doesn't know Bush has problems giving up the big inning? I don't understand leaving him in after that - it's stupid to have him bat and stupid to leave him in to give up a homer and another walk. It's just so silly to me.

Really? How many? Who? I know Bushy wears them, but the past two games and the two preseason games at MP, no one but Kapler and Bush rocked them.

Gwynn and Fielder are for sure. Haven't noticed anybody else, maybe Hart.

Last year for the Negro Leagues game, Prince's sock made it to about mid-shin. I don't know if they weren't wide enough, or what, but they were the saddest attempt at high pants/socks that I've seen in awhile.

When I met Corey at Brewer Blast last year I asked him to wear the socks more often and he laughed!

I hate this long leash everyone has at the beginning of the season. Is there anyone out there that doesn't know Bush has problems giving up the big inning? I don't understand leaving him in after that - it's stupid to have him bat and stupid to leave him in to give up a homer and another walk. It's just so silly to me.

i agree...i could not believe he batted! we haven't even used the bullpen to speak of. bush has struggled to find the strike zone all game. maybe yost doesn't have much faith in the bp?

A lot of over-reaction from the board today...5 BB through 5 is pretty ugly but this is hardly the most horrible pitching performance I've ever seen. I'm not saying it's good or even acceptable but I'm not gnashing my teeth here.

I'm more concerned right now about the Brewers' lack of pop today.

Archived