Brewer Fanatic

5/14/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Phillies (Moyer): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
Ned has had nothing to do with the good start. The club is winning in spite of his limited intelligence.

I'm serious. Shut up. Where were you over the last month when we were winning games?

God, I hate the knee-jerkiness of some of BrewerNation when we lose - even a kick-in-the-guts loss like tonight.

We're gonna lose some, people.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im a Yost supporter and have always been. I know he made some bad moves tonight. But all this fire Yost and he is horriable and were not going anywhere with him comments are to much. Im out of here. See yall tomorrow. Lets go Crew! Bounce back!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

You are the fan that I just can't stand. What have you been watching the past couple of years, he never makes the correct decision. This team was not turned around by Yost it was turned around by Doug Melvin no doubt about it. Why was Cordero not brought in that game, why did Shouse start the inning with a righty and a switch hitter coming up, why does he still have a job? These are all questions that I am still asking.

I like Yost, but he shouldn't have lost this one. I put this down as the 3rd game of the year that he lost but should have won. The other two were the Aquino games.

Why is Spurling still in the bullpen if he is never an option?

People should be mad, we should be embarrassed because to be honest my 2 year old would know not to bring in Shouse to face 2 righties in the 8th in a 4 run game. The 8th inning is Turnbow's, he should have started the inning & perhaps Shouse could have been brought in to face Utley, if needed. As previously stated by myself, I can't stand the way Yost uses the bullpen, hopefully the team is good enough to overcome his poor decision making!!!!

P.S Not a knee-jerk, Yost is just plain awful in regard to the bullpen.

GO BREW!!!

Quote:
This is one loss and I think the Brewer's talent will serve them well this year.

I agree 100%.

Of course I'm bummed about this loss, but there were both some good moves and some questionable moves by Yost. Go to any message board and they all have complaints here and there about their manager. It's hard to tell when a player is going to be on and when they aren't. Let's just say, a cub walk off walk loss helped ease this loss a little more for me.

"Where were you guys..."

Well I dare say I was sitting at home trying to figure out how at one point in the 7th inning, the Brewers had 4 consecutive hits, including a double but had scored just one run.

I was dumbfounded then by seeing Brian Shouse on my screen with totally rested Turnbow available. Especially against a Philly team in a bandbox that had just had a 6 run 8th inning two days earlier.

It's not second guessing when you question those moves at the time which I did.

There is no brightside to this loss. We have lost 3 of 4. This meltdown, I feel, could have been avoided. We are 12 up, big Whoop! Giving away games sucks. I feel a bad run is coming so let's be prepared.

This whole in-game thread is completely hilarious. It's why I try to avoid BF.net after a tough loss.

It's baseball. It's 162 games. The team you follow will win games. They will lose games. Some of them will be easy to take. (yesterday). Some will be gut-wrenching (today.)

All that matters is that the team knows it's not a big deal. It's just one game in many. It happens.

The best thing for fans to do is click on Woogie's IGT for tomorrow. And smile. Because the Crew will get this thing righted tomorrow. The nice thing about the team this year is they won't lose more than 2 or three in a row because the Starting Pitchers will keep them in every single game.

Tonight saw a lot of positive things that lead me to believe the team is still headed in the right direction and is for real.

Another solid outing by bush. I nice job by Wise. The bats stayed hot. Billy Hall seems to be taking the ball the other way. Weeks with a couple hits. Hardy another homer. Estrada staye hot.

So Shouse and T-Bow didn't get it done tonight...bid flippin deal.

The Cubs lost too. The Crew still has the best record in the league and lead their division by 7 games.

Deep Breaths Brewers nation. The sun will come up tomorrow.

Quote:
I was dumbfounded then by seeing Brian Shouse on my screen with totally rested Turnbow available

This from the SAME group of people who COMPLAIN when Turnbow and Cordero pitch in a game with a 4 run lead because ANYBODY can hold 4 run lead. 4 runs leads are times to pitch Spurling and Dessens. It's all there for you in writing...just go back to the IGT's and look. You can't have it both ways!!!!!!!!!

Its taken about an hour to cool down after the lost, and obviously there were mistakes made. Since Turnbow has had not pitched in 5 days, he should of came in to start the 8th. Then to not bring in Cordero when you needed him is another terrible move. That being said, this team has responded very well to tough losses all season, so lets see what happens tomorrow. We are still 6 1/2 games up on first and 13 games over 500.

What has happened this year is data, and would be foolish to ignore altogether.

Unless the Brewers pitching staff has noticed something different (Bush is injured, mechanical issues, etc...) if you manage based on small samples, you will manage inefficiently. You need to look at the sum of the data, not just the mirage of a trend that's statistically insignificant. I know you don't believe it but if you looked into the matter, I am convinced you'd change your mind.

Hell I worry a lot more about Sheets, who's at least exhibited a problem with his mechanics, than Bush. There is simply no reason to think this Bush is different than last year's or the year before.

I think most of us realize that the Brewers will lose. It is just how you lose that makes some of the critics get off the chair.

The Brewers and Yost blew todays game-both have accountability. I just dont understand people saying it is one game. It is, but so was yesterdays game. That game had 4 pages of posts because we got our butts kicked and it was easy to handle. today we have 16 pages and counting and about 10 since the implosion that indicates the fact that the Brewers just gave away a game and that with this team that it is truly unacceptable.

Games that are given away are the ones remembered and cost people jobs. I am not comparing this to a playoff game, but look at the games that were given away-Buckner, Pedro too long, and Bartman are prime examples.

Some losses are unacceptable and this qualifies as one.

and what makes you think that T-bow would of done better if he started the inning.

you will never know, i think his mental state may be different with the bases empty than 2 runners in scoring position. HE obviously did not have good stuff at all today, so my point may be pointless, but considering how long it has been since turnbow got in, he should of came in to get some work anyway.

Let's see how this team bounces back.

This is where I respect Yost as a manager. I believe he will learn from these mistakes and be a better manager because of it. For the record, I have never asked for Yost's head. He does a good job overall and will get the bullpen right before it is all said and done.

Big game tomorrow. I am already fired up about it.

Good Day

Positives of todays game

J.J. Hardy hr and another 2 hit game.

Johnny Estrada- hr

Corey Hart- 2 more hits

Bill Hall- 2 hits

Weeks- nice double, walk

Counsel- nice double bad baserunning in the end.

Fielder- 2 more hits

Dave Bush- nice outing

Matt Wise- awesome 1.2 ip

Negatives

Derrick Turnbow

Brian Shouse

Kevin Mench

Bottom line everyone looses games and everyone wins game, the key will be how they rebound in tommorows game. Everyone just try and forget this game, 1st place by 6.5 games cubs lost and were over .500 by 12 games. Chill out every manager has a bad game called to. Hopefully we forget this game and get a win tommorow. The only real fans are the fans that stay with the team in the ups and downs. No matter who you are every team has a up and down. Just stick with the team and hopefully we will continue the success. Also Turnbow had no bad outings before this and one isnt going to kill the season. Thanks im off to bed.

Archived