Brewer Fanatic

5/14/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Phillies (Moyer): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest mistake of the night by Yost was to yank Bush so early and require so many innings out of the bullpen.

Bush was cruising along. He'd only allowed 4 hits. By using Wise in the 6th inning.....it threw everything off by an inning.

I liked that they pulled Bush early and Yost learned from keeping him in too long on a couple occasions.

Now I hope that all games that our pitchers are rested and the lead is 5 runs or less, that we pitch TBow in the 8th and Cordero in the 9th.

They weren't so horrible the last couple of years, Russ.

Unless you want to show me how big losses historically resulted in losing streaks for the Brewers above what would be expected, I'm going to assume you pulled that out of the baseball cliche book.

This is one loss and I think the Brewer's talent will serve them well this year.

Shouse and Turnbow have been lights out all year. They come in tonight and throw batting practice and somehow it's Yost's fault.

That part is not his fault. What is his fault is that he tried to fix something that wasn't broken with letting Shouse start the 8th. This one is the fault of the offense, they scored too many runs. Need to be up by either 3 or less, or by 8 or more in order to see Tbow start the 8th. Icky loss, get it back tomorrow.

One more thing, Ned should have been able to see that Turnbow couldn't throw his breaking pitch for a strike, and should have made a move at that time. The Phillies simply started teeing off on all those consecutive fastballs.

And I didn't at all. Bush has a history of pitching deep into games and getting STRONGER as he goes on.

Not after getting dinged on the knee -- plus Bush has given up a lot of XBH this year.

If you always pull a starter at the earliest sign of trouble, you burn out your bullpen and have Shouse pitching against righties in the 8th.

?? -- I dont understand your point here -- Wise pitched in the 7th through the 7th, Turnbow could have started the 8th. Hooking Bush in the 6th had nothing to do with Shouse starting the 8th.

This is one loss and I think the Brewer's talent will serve them well this year.

Maybe if it were said like, this is the type of demoralizing loss that could send a team into a funk for a while. Hope it doesn't happen, but wouldn't be suprised if it did.

I understand that the Brewers will lose games and I am OK with that as long as they just dont GIVE them away.

This definitely fits in the GIVEaway department. We could be stepping on the Cubs necks even more right now, but we are not. You do not get those opps. much.

This game started getting strange when Ned pinchhit Gross instead of Gwynn with Hart on 2nd in the top of the 8th. Did that strike anyone else as strange?

Then Shouse to start the 8th was a head scratcher with no lefty to face until Utley.

Turnbow was refusing to throw his breaking ball after he bounced one in the dirt and his fastball is way to straight to throw it over and over again. Big league hitters will crush him if he isn't willing to mix in his breaking stuff. He should have been benched as soon as it became apparent he didn't want to throw it anymore.

Ned has had nothing to do with the good start. The club is winning in spite of his limited intelligence.

Was that supposed to be in blue? Cause if not that is ignorance. Yes Yost messed up tonight. But he has made a ton of great managing moves this season that have helped this hot start.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Perhaps the worst managed game in Yost's career and that 's saying a lot.

In a bandbox no less, two runners are thrown out at 3rd, one being the third out, and the other being the 1st out. Two cardinal rules of baseball violated.

Bringing in Brian Shouse. Now despite his success, I've never ever trusted this guy. I can go down the street to Schaumburg and see indy league lefties with better stuff than he possesses.

Getting Cordero up (too late), then not using him and letting Turnbow totally implode like it's 2006.

Quote:
I understand the idea that Tbow was due to get hit, but at some you pull him out. -- Ideally before run #8

I did chuckle a bit at the thought that Yost was going out to pull Turnbow after Turnbow had finally bothered to record an out. It was even better when Spurling ended the nightmare in two pitches. Really reminds you of what could have been had Yost not fallen asleep in the dugout.

That's what happened, right?

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Quote:
I knew Turnbow would blow up there. You just don't put him out there with 2 guys on. Completely Ned's fault here. If this team ever want to go anywhere he needs to be gone. He's holding us back.

Oh, shut up...

Quote:
Hurricane...

Sorry, but the formula of using TBOW in the 8th to start has worked every single time.

Why go against a winning formula?

If you read my whole post, my point is that Yost can't win on this board no matter what he does. If the Brewers win it is in spite of Yost and if they lose it is because of him.

T-Bow pitched batting practice tonight. If he can't come in with a four run lead with two runners on and close the door, we have bigger problems than Yost. And what makes you think that T-Bow would have been any better if he came in to start the inning?

Verified Member
Look on the bright side... This was the first late-inning meltdown so far this year. In past years it seems like something like this would happen a few times a week. I am interested to see how the team reacts tomorrow.

Archived