Brewer Fanatic

5/14/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Phillies (Moyer): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone please paste this on Yost's office door:

Shouse, career:

[b] IP H HR BB K WHIP BAA[/b] vs. Left 133.0 108 11 30 120 1.04 .220 vs. Right 100.0 125 10 58 37 1.83 .310

A career 1.83 WHIP against righties!? And why would Yost warm up Cordero if there was virtually no scenario in which he would pitch? I don't understand. Yost is so crippled by "the book" that he can't think for himself.

I'm not saying the Brewers would have won this if not for these moves but man, they sure didn't help.

Pathetic. To give 6 runs in the 8th when you have a 6-2 lead. This team isnt supposed to do that. That is what our teams have done the last 10-15 years.

I cant wait to see Turnbow pitch next. See if he is okay or this is the first in a long line of crappy outings.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Beh...one thing about baseball is that stuff like this happens over the course of a 162 game season. At some point the Brewers will have a similar rally, and I'm sure a similar thing will happen to the Brewers again.

Of course, this loss still sucks.

Shouse shouldn't be brought in to face righties ever. I'll take Spurling or anyone else over Shouse's 80 MPH fastball against a righty.

Agreed 100%

What bothers me -- is that the Phils start the inning with 2 RH and then have 2 great hitting LH -- and Yost brings in the LHP to face the RH hitters, and then pulls the LHP to allow a RHP to face 2 nasty LH hitters.

And how Cordero never gets in the game is beyond me. It's not as if Tbow was giving up cheap singles -- he was WILD.

I really liked Yost hooking Bush for Wise -- that was awesome, but the 8th inning was mind-boggling.

Historically, these last couple of losses were the kind that sent us into a 3-7 stretch of games.

The Brewers being a horrible team is what historically sent the Brewers into a bad stretch, so let's not get carried away.

This is a very disheartening game. To have a 4 run lead and blow it in this situation is inexcusable and it's a tough one to swallow. It's ashamed that we have to start this 4 game series with a game like this with Hamels and Garcia still to face us in this series.

Hey...at least the Cubs lost!

Shouse and Turnbow have been lights out all year. They come in tonight and throw batting practice and somehow it's Yost's fault.

People complain virtually every game that Yost always sticks with his "formula" instead of putting in his best available pitcher for a particular situation or he wastes a stud in a low leverage situation. Tonight he abandons the "formula", it blows up and now everybody is pissed.

We're 25-13, Ned has pushed the right buttons time after time and all everybody does is complain. What does everybody want?

The only thing I can think of is Yost didn't want to shake Turnbow's confidence by pulling him for Cordero... of course letting in 4 ER's probably shook his confidence more than that would have.

The only thing I can think of is Yost didn't want to shake Turnbow's confidence by pulling him for Cordero... of course letting in 4 ER's probably shook his confidence more than that would have.

Yeah no kidding. God Im so mad right now. I can't believe they way we lost this game. Stinks.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Blow a 4 run lead...

DBow's ERA balloons above's Spurling's....

They go from Anne Carol to Wes Helms...

I think I'm gonna

http://www.transmegacorp.com/Assets/vomit.jpg

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

I really liked Yost hooking Bush for Wise -- that was awesome, but the 8th inning was mind-boggling.

And I didn't at all. Bush has a history of pitching deep into games and getting STRONGER as he goes on. He gave up two bloop singles and gets pulled. If you always pull a starter at the earliest sign of trouble, you burn out your bullpen and have Shouse pitching against righties in the 8th.

Yost remembers the last half dozen games and manages based on their results. I understand when fans have a tendency to do that but Yost can't afford to manage like that.

Archived