Brewer Fanatic

5/14/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Phillies (Moyer): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, once it wasn't a "save situation," Cordero automatically is no longer available to pitch apparently.

We're lucky to still be in this game considering Spurling was in there. Yost has done a pretty good job this year overall, but his bullpen decisions still make zero sense to me, as always. I can't figure out any good reason why Shouse starts that inning, and opens the floodgates.

Definitely TBOW and Shouse lost the game. However, Yost did not help. Hopefully, He will learn from this mistake and NEVER let it happen again.

A big mistake also by Yost was Keeping in TBOW 3 extra hitters.

I was counting my bet money from my Cub buddy on Bush VS Rich Hill in total victories and I got tbowed and Yosted.

I knew Turnbow would blow up there. You just don't put him out there with 2 guys on. Completely Ned's fault here. If this team ever want to go anywhere he needs to be gone. He's holding us back.

Why didn't have Turnbow face the righty and the switch-hitters to start the inning, and then have Shouse face Utley if need be? The big problem here is that we didn't try to win in the 8th inning. Some other point was being made, don't know what it was.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Quote:
Shouse shouldn't be brought in to face righties ever. I'll take Spurling or anyone else over Shouse's 80 MPH fastball against a righty.

Yeah I didn't get that either. I saw Shouse and figured the Phils had a couple of lefties up but they were either righties or switch hitters.....although Rowand's hit was just a seeing eye grounder.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Im not worried so much about Derrick getting shelled as I am about Yost just letting him get pounded out there and not doing anything about it. Cordero was up and ready when it was 6-4, and yet Yost let Derrick stay in and give the game away when he obviously didn't have it.

Even great pitchers get shelled now and again. Good managers know when to realize it and get them out of there. He didn't let Bush stay out there and fail when he got in a jam in the 6th, but yet he hung Derrick out to dry with the game on the line in the 8th. The logic this manager has at times is just mind-boggling.

this game was the worse game to watch and now yost really blew this game with Shouse in the 8th,and Bow completly blew up great job by yost tonight.

just hope we are not seeing the begining of a long losing streak.

Archived