Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Brewers 1970-77 Hat

BrewCrewForever

Does anyone know a store in the Milwaukee area that sells this hat?

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/sportsunlimited_1994_16182741

I want to get one, but don't want to order it from an online store because I want to try on a few sizes to see what one will fit best. Thanks for any help.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I believe Lids or Hat World at either Southridge or Brookfield Square may sell this hat. I have this same hat, but bought it in Cooperstown during Hall of Fame week. The Fan Zone at Miller Park may also sell this hat, but since Brookfield Square has the Clubhouse Store, the odds are they may have the hat in stock.

But the hat is part of the "Cooperstown Collection" so if you can't find the hat at all in person, you may need to go online.

I recently saw a bunch of those at, of all places, Burlington Coat Factory. That was in Madison though.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I don't remember seeing them in the FanZone at MP. I think I will try the Club House Store at Brookfield. All the New Era hats fit my head different I swear I might be a 7 3/8 or a 7 1/4. That is why I think I better try them on first. It's a sweet hat, underrated. Don't see many of them, everyone seems more obsessed with the Ball N Glove logo hats for retro gear. Give me the "M" and Barrel Man anyday.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I don't have a picture of it and I left it at my parents house in Oshkosh.

Description: It has the barrel man from your avatar with that front part of the hat being yellow. The bill and the rest of the hat is blue. It has the same M on the back of the hat from the hat you pictured above. The seams that come down from the top of the hat are outlined in white, which imo is the coolest part.

If I come across them I'll post it here.

I disagree if the hat you're talking about is the one they gave away at MP a few seasons ago. That hat is not two-tone, it's all the golden yellow color. I have it at home and can post a pic tonight.

Yeah I have already seen that one. He is talking about a fitted hat.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I have a barrel man fitted hat as well. They have a ton of them in town here for sale. It is all blue with a white front with the barrel man logo stitched and raised on it. On the back it says 1970. Its part of the Cooperstown Collection and made by Twins Enterprise. I can't take a pic right now, as my camera is acting all strange right now. They sell here for $20 if anybody is interested, I would have no problem swinging by and picking some up to send out for people.

I have a barrel man fitted hat as well. They have a ton of them in town here for sale. It is all blue with a white front with the barrel man logo stitched and raised on it. On the back it says 1970. Its part of the Cooperstown Collection and made by Twins Enterprise. I can't take a pic right now, as my camera is acting all strange right now. They sell here for $20 if anybody is interested, I would have no problem swinging by and picking some up to send out for people.

Dude, when your camera works can you take a pic, I would love to see that hat and then may buy one.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Thanks Gobias, that is a sweet hat. The only thing is I think it would be better if they didn't put the white stripes on the hat. But still awesome. Viva La Grinch if you can post pics sometime when your get a working camera that would be cool. Thanks.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 4 months later...

Just in case anyone else is interested in this hat. While looking at Lids.com today found that they finally made this hat fitted in the "franchise" style cap. I'm going to the Fan Zone today to see if they have it.

http://lf.hatworld.com/hwl?set=sku%5B20109449%5D,d%5B2010%5D,c%5B2%5D,w%5B615%5D,h%5B461%5D&load=url%5Bfile:product%5D

http://lf.hatworld.com/hwl?set=sku%5B20109449%5D,d%5B2010%5D,c%5B6%5D,w%5B615%5D,h%5B461%5D&load=url%5Bfile:product%5D

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I wish I could find a barrel man fitted had.

Never have been able to.

Third/Fourth/Fifth-ted. I love the Barrelman logo, and it would be such a sweet hat. I know I've seen one, but only one, and unfortunately I didn't go with my instinct to ask the dude I saw wearing it... instead convincing myself, 'Oh, if he's got one, I'll be able to find it'

EDIT: Also, the Barrelman hat I saw was different from the one Gobias posted a pic of. My 'ideal' version of it would basically be the hat BC04 just posted above, but instead of the "M" on front, it would be Barrelman.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived