Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun's emotion!

RoseBowlMtg
I loved when he was fired up after Hart knocked him in and his slapping of Counsell after he scored showed how much he wants to win. His response about the contract situation being that he understands that part of baseball really shows his maturity. I don't know if he has matured so much and feels at ease more or if I misjudged his controlled confidence. Whichever I like his emotion and see leader qualities in him I didn't last year. That's huge!

I like when players show their emotion in a positive way as Braun does. As long as he isn't trying to 'show up' the other team then I am glad to see it. Heck, sometimes you get the feeling while watching the games that relief pitchers are the only players with emotions.

I agree this shows me what type of player he wants to be and IS. He might be the NEW AGE throwback 5-Tool Player that we all have been waiting for. Hey Prince take some notes. I would gladly play for $670,000 and wait a year to make my $11 million.

Here's some stuff he said/did after the Opener, according to an ESPN article. Makes me love him even more!

In what started as a pitchers' duel and turned into a battle of the bullpens, it was Fukudome's three-run homer off closer Eric Gagne -- tying the game in the bottom of the ninth -- that eventually sparked Milwaukee. Ryan Braun said he got excited as he came off the field that inning with the score tied 3-3. "It's not supposed to be easy!" he screamed to his teammates in the dugout over and over.

Braun, last year's National League Rookie of the Year, sensed enthusiasm instead of dejection and capitalized on the emotion. The left fielder, who hit cleanup behind Prince Fielder and finished the game 1-for-5 with an RBI, said he feels a bit more comfortable being vocal this year and decided to seize the moment.

"I was excited," said Braun, who maintained the team wouldn't have won this game last year. "I think everybody has more experience now dealing with a situation like that. Especially a lot of us who are young, we hadn't dealt with the rivalry as much."

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3322977

Archived