Brewer Fanatic

6/12/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Tigers (Verlander): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it against the unwritten rules of baseball to pinch hit for a position player during a no hitter? LOL
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

and I still haven't seen an answer to my question: "is there something fundamentally incorrect about batting your DH 9th?

tonite's action: DH, and line-up spot

Gross, 9

Sheffield, 3

D. Young, 4

A. Huff, 5

Ortiz, 3

Spilborghs, 6

C. Tracy, 5

J. Damon, 1

G. Blum, 8

G. Norton, 4

Spiezio, 2

Sweeney, 4

Saltalamacchia, 6

M. Redmond, 6

Sure there is an anomaly or two, but 9th? !!

I think I am going to throw up, after Saturday night I thought no way can it get bad enough that I lose sleep again over these clowns. Something about being no hit is as rock bottom as it gets to me. Maybe I just need to stop watching these guys for awhile.

Is it time for training camp yet?

I had an inkling we might get no hit around the 2nd inning. Our hitters are just being made to look silly by Verlander. This Lineup + a Nasty Young Pitcher + Interleague Play + Comerica Park = a long night for the Crew.

Who's ready for the Yost "pat 'em on the back" quotes after this one. I'm predicting a "Verlander's stuff was unhittable (really Ned?) tonight" quote.

Yeah I know its coming. Instead he should say that they stunk tonigh and have for over a month now and are the luckiest team alive that they are still in 1st.

I love that carsoup question. We are no where near as good as the 2006 Tigers.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

You know what, this is just 1 loss in a game the Brewers had little chance of winning anyway. I'd obviously prefer the Brewers NOT get no hit but I'm not going to dwell on it if it happens.

It does not foreshadow horrible things to come.

It does not prove that the Brewers are not a playoff team.

It proves that for one game, the Brewers were completely dominated by a very good pitcher.

(Now, please get a hit, Brewers)

Archived