Brewer Fanatic

6/12/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Tigers (Verlander): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
It has been said before, but again, some of us here actually hope for the Brewers to win every night.

Peavey, face reality. Are the Brewers going to scratch out 5 runs in the last two innings? No. they are not. Might as well pull for a little baseball history.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what ever happend to Hart at the top of the order?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. I mean Im all for someone other then Johnny batting 5, but keep Hart #1.

Come on guys get no-hit then maybe you will realize that while your still in 1st, its not going to last long playing like this.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Sigh. I hope I'm not the only one who saw this coming with Suppan. He got paid for one month of good pitching last season. Nevermind the previous 4 years of crap like tonite.

Another great FA signing for the Crew.

tomorrow is the end of Rickie's 15 day stint, correct?

no apologies for posting this here despite the ad nauseum commentary that probably exists, I want to know... Gwynn down, under the guise of "everyday playing time"?

HAVE THE BREWERS EVER BEEN NO HIT BEFORE? IF SO VS WHO?

IIRC, Nolan Ryan no-hit the Brewers (while with the Rangers).

Now I'll go look it up.... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Quote:
Ned should've pulled Suppan two innings ago! Another loss caused by Yost leaving the pitcher in too long!

No, I was just pointing out the fact it appeared Suppan was running out of gas in the end of the 6th. Our offense looks terrible today against a very good pitcher, so honestly it doesn't appear to matter who is on the mound, but Ned still left Soup out to dry.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Verlander throwing 99, at home, and getting his offspeed pitch over the plate - this is a game that no team in baseball would win, and this is the reason why even the greatest teams in baseball history still lose over 50 games in a season.

Like I mentioned earlier, the Tigers announcers are basically saying it is a combination of Verlander having filthy stuff and the Brewer hitters not taking major league swings. Looking tentative, confused and unsure.

I'd be really really tempted to make fun of Gabe Gross for being slower than Johnny Estrada down the line there, but that was really a good play.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived