Brewer Fanatic

6/12/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Tigers (Verlander): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while it is clear that we didn't put out the best 9 hitters possible, you do need to tip your hat to Verlander. By the 6th, I already prepared myself for the pending no hitter, because his stuff was so good. Graffanino was taking defensive swings all game long. There were only 2 well hit balls all game that i recall. Throwing out a rookie, may not have made a difference, but i don't see the point of giving him 2 straight days off.

Though you can point at Ned for throwing maybe your 2 worst hitters on the roster 1 -2. That goes against all baseball thinking. They may have been hitting the ball better of late, but why not throw out your lineup that got you 22 hits, instead of this shell of one.

I don't really remember a brewers team ever changing lineups as often as Ned does this year. I really wish he would keep something and run with it.

while it is clear that we didn't put out the best 9 hitters possible

Who would be? Braun was out with a wrist injury and Weeks is still on the DL. Mench?Gwynn? Not much of an upgrade really.

I don't really remember a brewers team ever changing lineups as often as Ned does this year. I really wish he would keep something and run with it.

I am kinda done with this argument. Anyone who has played ball please answer this. If we have a lineup with JJ, Prince, and Braun somewhere in the 2-5 range and then just throw everyone else in the lineup, does it really matter. You go to the plate to hit and there are very few AB's where you are asked to do something like a bunt or a hit and run. Especially the way we have been hitting lately, there are few opportunities to do so. So who cares what the lineup is and where people are hitting.

And for those who say we have hit rock bottom. Obviously you have just moved here and need to find a new hobby. Because there are going to be much worse games and things that happen to this team than last night. The first Coco blown save was much worse if you ask me.

i agree that saturday's game was worst. My problem with the lineup is that it appeared that 9-1-2 were automatic outs. If you want to play Gross, Graffanino, and Counsell fine, but spread them out. Secondly Braun said after the game that he was fine to play, so his wrist was not an issue (according to 1250 this morning)

Quote:
i agree that saturday's game was worst. My problem with the lineup is that it appeared that 9-1-2 were automatic outs. If you want to play Gross, Graffanino, and Counsell fine, but spread them out. Secondly Braun said after the game that he was fine to play, so his wrist was not an issue (according to 1250 this morning)

So, you want them to bat 1-4-7. That's spread out.

Counsell got called out on a bogus 3rd strike in the 1st. His 2nd at-bat was one of the harder hit balls all game. If there was no runner on first, it probably gets down the line for a double or triple.

They said Braun's had some discomfort in the wrist, and could have played. However, management thought it would be best to give him a 2nd day off, especially since they were facing one of the best righties in the game. No big deal.

Archived