Brewer Fanatic

6/12/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Tigers (Verlander): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was obvious Verlander had killer stuff tonight, whether he throws a no-hitter or 2-hitter is somewhat immaterial. He beats pretty much everybody tonight.

Makes Sunday's come from behind job real big and becomes a footnote if they can win tomorrow.

Quote:
Sportscenter will be dominated by the NBA Finals tonight. There will be less than normal exposure to his no-hitter.

Could be, but Baseball Tonight is going nuts with it. Argh. 24-10 and I think they gave us an extra minute or two... now... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Quote:
Yosted again

Just got home and reading through the thread.

I can't even believe people are saying the team was "Yosted".

How about "Verlandered"??

So what...you didnt like Graffanino for Braun....big deal.

Braun goes 2 for 4 with 2 solo shots and we lose 4-2.

Verlander was phenominal.

You act like the lineup was the worst ever constructed, but who would you have rather had in there??

Mench against the toughest righty in the league?

Gwynn?

Miller?

Obviously you wanted Braun in....maybe Yost wanted to save Braun the 0-4 with 4 K's to keep some of his confidence.

I just dont' see how a no-hitter can be blamed on the lineup??

So Counsell, Hardy, Fielder, Hart, Jenkins, Estrada, Hall and Gross aren't to blame? Just Ned Yost's decision to play Graffanino instead of Braun??

WSJ just posted the game article with this depressing stat: the Crew has lost 20 of the last 30 since that 24-10 peak record. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
Brew Crew: Don't Let Me Down

Obviously you wanted Braun in....maybe Yost wanted to save Braun the 0-4 with 4 K's to keep some of his confidence.

mikerollins...sorry man, but that is a horrible rationale for sitting Braun. In my opinion, it would be my job as a manager to put the best lineup I could possibly assemble against a tough pitcher like Verlander.

If Yost believes he is doing what he promised and is "putting the best team on the field for that given day," essentially what he is saying is Graffanino and sub-.200 Gross gives the team as good of a chance or better chance to win as Gwynn and Braun would have. I'm sorry, but you don't have to be an "insider" to realize that his choice was a very poor one.

In the last 5 seasons the Braves were no hit in a season in which they won their division easily and the Yankees were no hit in a season in which they went to the World Series, so the "OMG this is so embarrassing" crap is, frankly, embarrassing.

Verlander was filthy and deserves all the praise for the performance. I thought he got lucky with a couple of the generous strike zone calls by the umps late in the game, but, hey, they probably never saw a no-hitter either.

We haven't been playing well lately, that's a fact, but at our best we weren't winning tonight. Sucks, move on...

Archived