Brewer Fanatic

6/12/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Tigers (Verlander): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is being 10-20 in the last 30 games a fluke too? Uh, the writing has been on the wall for awhile now.

Of course it has. But a no-hitter, while a great performace, is a fluke. It only happens a couple of times each season, sometimes less. I can fairly say that this is the worst game of the season.

Quote:
Helluva game pitched by Verlander, and he had luck on his side -- the sliding catch by Ordonez and the double play to end the 8th were impressive plays.

He lucked out with that lineup too

Yeah, there was some luck on his side and the strike zone may have been exaggerated at times, but Verlander was plain filthy and dominated our hitters.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Wow.

Those guys looked like they were just standing around, wondering what the heck was going on.

I only have one thing to say: thank God we're in the NL Central, or we'd be in serious trouble.

Verlander doesn't get a no hitter every time he goes out there ... I'm sure his "stuff" has been just as "insane" or "amazing" on plenty of other outings. We screwed up and sucked it up bigtime tonight, in absolutely embarassing fashion.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Quote:
Verlander doesn't get a no hitter every time he goes out there ... I'm sure his "stuff" has been just as "insane" or "amazing" on plenty of other outings. We screwed up and sucked it up bigtime tonight, in absolutely embarassing fashion.
Yikes, I don't know if a non-Brewers fan would see it this way. He was dominant. He hit 102 in the ninth! That's not something he does every start. Despite the horrid lineup, I'd say this was much more Verlander pitching out of his mind than the Brewers sucking.

I now know why Miller is a sponsors the Brewers. Even a teetotaler such as myself is considering imbibing after watching this team.

Why is it that so many of these teams seem to play their best against the Brewers? Cubs start playing up to their payroll... Rangers show up for the first time this year... Tigers morph from men to gods...

I'll tell you what, if the Brewers get no hit tomorrow, then I'll really start getting mad. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

This sucks but I'm not going to dwell on it and neither will the Brewers. Less than 24 hours before they go at it again.

lost 20 of 30, closer has blown his last 2 save chances (one being totally ridiculous and rarely ever seen....2 outs, 2 strikes, up 3 runs and nobody on) and now the victims of a no hitter. This has to be as bad as it gets...right? How are we possibly still in first place?

ESPN is obsessing with Verlander tonight, but once the NBA game is finished, they'll be singing the praises of LeBron probably, and this will be forgotten by tomorrow afternoon. You just have to laugh about this and tip your hat to a great outing.

Archived