Brewer Fanatic

Player Vehicles & Sightings Around Town

chuckcrim
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I worked for Pick N' Save in New Berlin during the summer of '05 and I saw 3TO, Billy Hall, Rickie Weeks, and JJ Hardy there. I actually saw Billy pull up in his Escalade with his girlfriend, who was really hot might I add, so I followed him in and ended up bagging his groceries. He was a pretty nice guy. Carried nothing but a huge wad of cash with him. He just had the typical cart full of food. JJ and Rickie were together, along with JJ's dad. JJ had a cart full of booze and plastic cups, which didn't surprise me. Rickie followed them up with a box of condoms, not a surprise either. I wonder what they planned on doing that night? I was tempted to ask them, and also wanted to say, will you sign my bag? Lol. I also saw Ahman Green in the airport in April '07 coming back from Nebraska after he had signed with the Texans. Sadly, I don't think anyone knew who he was, even though he looked huge compared to everyone else, and was walking around in a muscle shirt and shorts in 40 degree weather. I saw Gilbert Brown at a gas station this past summer, and he drove a huge Navigator. It seemed like it was custom made. I gotta say that Gilbert looks like he weighs 400 lbs in person. I know that a lot of the young Brewers live in the apartments across from Pick N' Save in New Berlin. My brother's friend works there now, and saw Corey Hart there last season. One more thing, I was at srping training this past spring and I actually sat in front of Eric Munson's grandparents, and Hart's wife and kids. My family and I talked to Munson's grandparents, and they were really nice. It kinda made me feel bad when he didn't make the team. Hart's wife is pretty hot, and his kids were pretty funny. They were giving his wife a pretty hard time.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

So, my son and I are walking into the Bucks game tonight. In the entrance way (between the two set of doors - if you are familiar with the Bradley Center) I hear this guy talking on his cell phone say "Yeah, the Burrell thing kind of surprised me". I turn to look. It's Doug Melvin.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

My younger brother used to run into Davis fairly often at Senor Luna's in New Berlin. He also said DD likes shots and is a lotta fun to party with. Pretty much just a regular guy. Best of luck to him.

From the EC Leader story linked above:

She's the No.1 fan of No. 49 for the Arizona Diamondbacks, a 6-foot-4, 215-pound starting pitcher known for his durability and distinctive pencil goatee.
(emphasis added by me)

So that's a pencil goatee, huh? ...but it used to be so much more.

http://www.yardbarker.com/images/players/xt.fss-l.mlb.com-p.5405.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Here is an old one from way back in the day. I went with my family to a Brewers vs. Twins game at the Metrodome. After the game they used to let you walk down into the loading dock (weren't those the days) and you could walk right up to the bus and stand next to a steel gate. Well my brother and I are standing there, me about 10 and my brother about 7. I had a Robin Yount 3,000 hit card so it must have been '93. Anyways, Robin Yount comes up to the gate and starts to sign autographs. He is making his way down the line and gets to me and stops after signing my card and says he has to get on the bus because it's about to leave. Well, my brother was standing next to me and immediately starts bawling. Well when Yount got on the bus he saw my parents consoling my little brother and he knocked on the window and started pointing. Me being 10 had no idea what he was doing, but immediately my dad told us to get moving. We literally sprinted to the car about as fast as a family of 4 could. We started to head downtown towards the hotel and the bus was a good block in front of us. My mom was driving when my dad yelled, "Boys, get out of the car!" We got out and ran two city blocks to try to catch the bus. Unfortunately, all of the players had already gone into the hotel and we were all bummed out. As we're about to leave we hear a distinctive voice say, "Hey, I've been waiting for you buddy, don't go away!" The voice was Yount and he was talking to my little brother. He signed my bro's 8x10, took a pic with him, and rubbed his head. He then walked straight into the hotel. He had waited on the bus specifically for my little brother. That my friends, is class!

Yount is definitly one of those guys that does not like to sign autographs unless it's for a kid. At ST a couple of years back, when he was Yost's bench coach, we were sitting along the first base line before the game at Maryvale. Yount was walking by and all these people were yelling trying to get his attention for an autograph. He never looked up. My son (who was 8 at the time) called out "Hey Robin". As soon as he heard the kid's voice he looked up and made his way over towards my son to give him an autograph.

I remember my brother in law telling me about an encounter he had at County Stadium several years ago. This was when the Brewers were in the AL. The Yankees were in town and my brother-in-law and his son (my nephew) went down to county stadium hours before the game started to see if they could get any autographs. They are hanging around the front gates looking into the stadium and they notice some one skating around the corridors with a hockey stick and a ball. It turns out to be John Wetteland (when he was on the Yankees - obviously). They don't say any thing they are just watching him and this big slob comes up in a NY t-shirt comes up and with a NY accent calls out "Hey Wetteland". Wetteland kind of ignores him. Again.."Hey Wetteland, sign my ball". Wetteland ignores him. The guy keeps trying to call him over. Finally Wetteland comes over and signs an autograph for my nephew. Meanwhile the Yankee guy is yaking "About time..what are ya..deaf? I've been calling you over for the last 5 minutes!" Wetteland stops and gives the guy a big lecture about politeness and the proper way to ask for an autograph. When he's done, all the NY fan can say is "So, you going to sign my ball or what?" Wettland shakes his head and skates away.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I was lucky enough to get Yount's autograph in 2006 at a game. It was the first Sunday game of the year. My brother and I got there very early and immediately bolted for the Brewers' dugout when the doors opened at 11:30. We got in just as the Brewers were heading to the clubhouse after BP. A lday who must have gotten in early by knowing someone was already down next to the Brewers' dugout. She got Robin's attention and got him to sign something. I had him sign a County Stadium baseball. After that, he signed something else for the lady and then was gone. (Unfortunaterly for my brother, he saw Corey Koskie first and went over to get his autograph....) So, I don't think it's so much signing for adults that bothers Yount, it's signing for big crowds of adults, some of whom are probably collectors and are just in it for the money.

• 5 months later...

Thread revival....

I'm not 100% on this (and I didn't approach him to let him enjoy his family time), but Mike Rivera may have been behind me in line to buy an ice cream at the Milwaukee Zoo today. The guy was wearing one of Braun's Remetee shirts which is kind of what got my mind going thinking it was Rivera. Well, that and he looked like Rivera.

Like I said, I could be wrong, but he also left at the same time as me so I got a few looks at him. As for the vehicle, it was some sort of SUV, brand new.

If that was you Mike, hope you enjoyed the zoo today.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

• 1 month later...

Definitely ran into Braun at the Qdoba on Prospect tonight. He took a pic with my bf and signed the bobble I just happened to have with me because our ticket rep gave it to us tonight. He didn't seem weirded out at all when I whipped that puppy from my purse!

He all but approached my bf, who was wearing a Braun jersey. Smiled and said hey to him first as he was walking past our table. He was with two guys and we're still debating whether one was his brother Steve, though Steve has a broken ankle and I didn't see a cast or limp from this guy, who was wearing one of the gold jersey tees with Braun's name on the back. Other friend was rocking an Affliction tee, of course.

Braun had a beautiful white Mercedes that I didn't get close enough to see what style. No plates - still had dealer plates from Encino.

My buddy works at Coldstone on Highway 100. He said Prince Fielder and Casey Mcgehee walked in with their families and ordered ice cream on thursday. He told me about it by saying "In case you were wondering, and I know you were, Prince likes to get twix in his icecream."

I used to work at Pick N' Save in New Berlin, and I saw 3T0, Billy Hall, Hardy, and Weeks all at different times. No one knew who any of them were besides me. Billy rolled up in his Escalade, so I knew it was probably a Brewer, and sure enough it was him. I bagged his groceries. He was with his lady friend, who was a knockout obviously. JJ ad Rickie were together, and Hardy's dad was with them which was kind of odd. Anyways, I'm pretty sure they were having a party, because JJ had a cart full of booze, and Rickie was being prepared let's say http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif. 3T0 just looked like a normal guy walking around, so I found that pretty cool. All of the guys were really nice though, and I had conversations with all of them. I think if this happened in the last year or so, there would be no way that they wouldn't be recognized. This happened back in '05.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I used to work at Pick N' Save in New Berlin, and I saw 3T0, Billy Hall, Hardy, and Weeks all at different times. No one knew who any of them were besides me. Billy rolled up in his Escalade, so I knew it was probably a Brewer, and sure enough it was him. I bagged his groceries. He was with his lady friend, who was a knockout obviously. JJ ad Rickie were together, and Hardy's dad was with them which was kind of odd. Anyways, I'm pretty sure they were having a party, because JJ had a cart full of booze, and Rickie was being prepared let's say http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif. 3T0 just looked like a normal guy walking around, so I found that pretty cool. All of the guys were really nice though, and I had conversations with all of them. I think if this happened in the last year or so, there would be no way that they wouldn't be recognized. This happened back in '05.

Those run-ins must have left quite the lasting impression with you. I assume this since you posted nearly the exact same thing practically word for word on the previous page of this thread. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I forgot to add that when I met Doug Davis over the winter and we were getting a few auto's, my cubs buddy asked him to sign his cubs hat. Davis looked at him kind of funny and my buddy said, hey, write whatever you want, doug said...anything? My buddy said ANYTHING. So Doug signs the underbill of his fitted cubs hat....Cubs suck. I own them. God bless, Doug Davis.

Archived