Brewer Fanatic

Player Vehicles & Sightings Around Town

chuckcrim
I don't know how many people were at last night's Cowboys-Packers game, but these Brewers were on the Packers sideline for the duration of the game:

-Gabe Kapler

Ha, that's funny. At one point they were showing Bart Starr, I believe, and Kapler was standing behind him. I said to my dad "Man, that guy behind Starr could be a Gabe Kapler double. He looks exactly like him!" I don't think they mentioned any of them being there on the broadcast last night, and if they did I missed it.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk3/weshelmsfan/IMG_3314.jpghttp://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk3/weshelmsfan/IMG_3315.jpg

Look who flew back to Milwaukee with me Christmas Day from Scottsdale. I did not want to interrupt him, so I didn't confront him. It was confirmed when the workers in the walkway to the plane were talking about him and my brother heard him speak.

I've done quite a bit of work at Melvin's house. Nice guy. He says "and that" even more when he's not at a presser. It's all I can do to not laugh (wouldn't be very professional though)m We also did Bando's house on Beaver Lake. If he wasn't such a nice guy I would've wanted to punch him.

I've done quite a bit of work at Melvin's house. Nice guy. He says "and that" even more when he's not at a presser. It's all I can do to not laugh (wouldn't be very professional though)m We also did Bando's house on Beaver Lake. If he wasn't such a nice guy I would've wanted to punch him.
I'd probably pay money to hear Melvin say "we'd like to add a bay window, and that".

I'd probably pay money to hear Melvin say "we'd like to add a bay window, and that".
Does he ever say he's "not motivated" to go with a certain product or procedure? Because then you'd know exactly what he wanted to do. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

haha............I haven't actually seen Doug the last few times......just his wife, but I'm not sure I could hold it in if he said:

"We're not really motivated to redo this shower at this time, and that".

That would be the end of my company's relationship with the Melvins, because I'd lose it.

Billy Hall, Chris Spurling, Rickie Weeks, and Damian Miller came into the bar I work at last season. Billy was hitting on one of the female bartenders and asked her to come to their after-party, she declined. Saw Charlie Villanueva of the Bucks at the Best Buy at Mayfair some time last year. He was with two fairly attractive women. He was also wearing a hat backwards very low on his head. My brother said it was to cover his non-existent eyebrows. I carded Dan Gadzurich at my bar. I knew it was him but he had his ID out and handed it to me when I tried to shake his hand. He is much taller in real life than he looks on TV.

I was very young when ths one happened at a Brewer game my family attended. During the game, my mom said to me, "Do you see the guy behind us in the Milwaukee Braves jacket? You should ask him for his autograph." I went into a mini tantrum on my mom saying that it is the Atlanta Braves, and the Milwaukee Brewers. There is no Milwaukee Braves. My mom told me that the Braves once played in Milwaukee, and that I should get his autograph.

The elderly gentlemen behind us overheard parts of our conversation, and he and the gentlemen next to him had a little chuckle. I, being a precocious and curious young kid turned around and said, "My mom said that the Braves used to play in Milwaukee. The Atlanta Braves don't play in Milwaukee because they are in the National League, so why does your Jacket say Milwaukee Braves?" The man laughed and said, "Before they were the Atlanta Braves, they were the Milwaukee Braves. The team moved to Atlanta a long time ago, and then the Brewers came to Milwaukee.'

I then said, "My mom says i should ask for your autograph." The man politely said, "hand me your program." He signed it. I still have it. The signature says, "Best wishes, Eddie Matthews, MILWAUKEE Braves"

Soon after, mr. matthews gave some money to his friend who was smiling the whole time he autographed my program. Apparently they had a bet to see how long it would take for someone to recognize him.

Again, i was a young kid on this one. it was before I knew any better. The boy scouts or something went to a Brewer game against the Yankees. Once again, I didn't know any better, but I was a huge Yankee fan and Don mattingly was my favorite player. We got to the game real early to watch warm-ups. mattlingly was playing catch not too far away from where we were looking for autographs. I asked him if he could sign an autograph, and he said that the players weren't supposed to sign today. it was the day after Luis Pologna got busted sleeping with a 15 or 14 year old girl he had picked up after a game.

Mattingly was nice, He laughed at some of our questions, and engaged in a little small talk. When he was done, he said, why don't you wait by the team bus after the game, and maybe i can sign something? After the game was done, a friend and i ran outside looking for the team bus. When we found it, a group of security guards were shooing every one away. We tried to explain our situation, and were told that no one would be signing anything. After waiting another 15 minutes being harassed all the while, we decided to leave.

We knew people were waiting for us, so we took off running feeling very disappointed. We weren't really paying attention to where we were going, and didn't notice that teh gate by the bullpen was opening so a car could leave. we were nearly hit by a black Corvette that was pulling out. The guy driving it stopped and rolled down his window. It was Robin Yount. My friend and i got his autograph. When he was signing mine, i sort of blurted out, "Do you think you will win the MVP this season, Mr. Yount?" he responded, "I don't have any idea about that." We thanked him and we went on our way.

Remember, i was a huge Don Mattingly fan back then, and thought Mattingly had the MVP sown up. i don't know what made me ask Yount what I asked him, but as it turned out, this was 1987, and yount won the MVP.

With the mention of Eddie Mathews, I'll note that one of his teammates from his rookie season works at the car dealership down the street from where I work. Former Milwaukee Braves second baseman Jack Dittmer is a local celebrity. He looks quite a bit different than he did from the picture on his rookie card, which one of the convenience stores in town has on display beneath their glass counter.

Remember, i was a huge Don Mattingly fan back then, and thought Mattingly had the MVP sown up. i don't know what made me ask Yount what I asked him, but as it turned out, this was 1987, and yount won the MVP.
I'm enjoying your posts, lithium, but the experience you had with Robin Yount must have been in 1989 or 1982, because those were his MVP years.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Again, i was a young kid on this one. it was before I knew any better. The boy scouts or something went to a Brewer game against the Yankees. Once again, I didn't know any better, but I was a huge Yankee fan and Don mattingly was my favorite player. We got to the game real early to watch warm-ups. mattlingly was playing catch not too far away from where we were looking for autographs. I asked him if he could sign an autograph, and he said that the players weren't supposed to sign today. it was the day after Luis Pologna got busted sleeping with a 15 or 14 year old girl he had picked up after a game.

Mattingly was nice, He laughed at some of our questions, and engaged in a little small talk. When he was done, he said, why don't you wait by the team bus after the game, and maybe i can sign something? After the game was done, a friend and i ran outside looking for the team bus. When we found it, a group of security guards were shooing every one away. We tried to explain our situation, and were told that no one would be signing anything. After waiting another 15 minutes being harassed all the while, we decided to leave.

We knew people were waiting for us, so we took off running feeling very disappointed. We weren't really paying attention to where we were going, and didn't notice that teh gate by the bullpen was opening so a car could leave. we were nearly hit by a black Corvette that was pulling out. The guy driving it stopped and rolled down his window. It was Robin Yount. My friend and i got his autograph. When he was signing mine, i sort of blurted out, "Do you think you will win the MVP this season, Mr. Yount?" he responded, "I don't have any idea about that." We thanked him and we went on our way.

I was at that game too! My aunt was took us to get autographs and we of course were told the Yankees wouldn't be available. Now that I'm older I'm glad I've never gotten a Yankee players autograph.

Archived