Brewer Fanatic

Player Vehicles & Sightings Around Town

chuckcrim
Last year on Bill Hall's bobble day, my cousin partied in the parking lot for awhile waiting for the lines to go down. He hit up KFC on Hwy 100 on the way home for food and right behind him, in walks Bill. He ran out to the car and got the bobble signed.

Why am I not surprised that you can find Bill Hall at KFC after games?

Throw me into the "heard stories about stuff Geoff Jenkins likes" camp. I'd love to hear your stories.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So wait are you guys telling me that Brewers actually go out and do thing that normal people do like go on dates and go shopping at the mall?!?!?!? I thought they played MVP '05 on their computers all night. Sorry I just couldn't help it. Loving the stories

i believe Sheets live in Brookfield. I didnt catch a glimpse of their car's though.
FYI most of the players who don't have homes here year round live in the condos/ apartments on Greenfield Ave and Moorland Road (you can see them from the freeway on the south side of I-94. A bunch of them shop at the Walgreens on the corner. Go in there on an off day and you're bound to see a Brewer.

My girlfriend and I saw CoCo at Mayfair eating Steak-Escape last year. Nobody really recognized him.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm out with a buddy of mine on Tuesday night at Karma on the east side and who walks in.......

Gabe Kapler.

The place had like 15 people in it. He sat there and watched the Red Sox game and hammered a buffalo burger.

I went up to say hello, welcome him to Milwaukee and congratulate him on the game winning hit from that afternoon.

Nice guy. No one else in the bar had a clue who he was. Classic.

I went up to say hello, welcome him to Milwaukee and congratulate him on the game winning hit from that afternoon.

Nice guy. No one else in the bar had a clue who he was. Classic.

That's awesome! Super-classy on your end.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Few years ago, stopped at a local place called "Art's" on the way home. One of the young ladies we chatted baseball with said that she had some friends on the team named 'Keith' and 'Wayne.' She didn't understand why me and my buddy looked up to her after that.

Few years ago, stopped at a local place called "Art's" on the way home. One of the young ladies we chatted baseball with said that she had some friends on the team named 'Keith' and 'Wayne.' She didn't understand why me and my buddy looked up to her after that.

Keith Ginter and Wayne Franklin?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

My dad lives 3 houses from Eric Gagne. Apparently he's a big golf nut, but he hasn't really moved in yet.

Seems he can't finish much of anything.

I'm surprised he closed on the house.

To stay on topic:

I was on 59, going pretty fast and this silver "space ship" started to close on me and he finally passes me and it ends up being Estrada.

I'm surprised he closed on the house.

To stay on topic:

I was on 59, going pretty fast and this silver "space ship" started to close on me and he finally passes me and it ends up being Estrada.

Hehe...turns out, he's renting it.

Yeah, I hear Gagne and Turnbow are big golfing buddies.

I sat down the aisle from Pete Vuckovich at a Packers game. He had a Packers jersey with "Vuke" on the back. He was pretty intoxicated but signed a couple autos, very nice guy. Seemed happy to be recognized.

I went to grade school with Vuke's son! The only tangible memory I have of Vukovich is his gator boots he wore on a field trip as a chaperone to the Milw. museum -- when he answered my question of "What are your boots made from?", I was just in awe that this man had singlehandedly killed & skinned an alligator, and then handliy crafted its skin into awesome boots. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

So in other words he has as much patience driving as he does hitting? Zing!

I went to grade school with Vuke's son! The only tangible memory I have of Vukovich is his gator boots he wore on a field trip as a chaperone to the Milw. museum -- when he answered my question of "What are your boots made from?", I was just in awe that this man had singlehandedly killed & skinned an alligator, and then handliy crafted its skin into awesome boots. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I played a few ballgames against Vuke's kid. We nicknamed him "Ogre". Dude looked 40 when he was 15. He gave me props for hitting 3 doubles off the wall in the same game.

I think Jerry Augustine's kid was on the same team.

Archived