Brewer Fanatic

6/13/07 Brewers (Villanueva) @ Tigers (Maroth): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granderson's on deck (a lefty), Yost is playing Neifi to bunt, and maybe he's figuring the side-armer may be harder to bunt.

Balk just kills that strategy, though.

Brewers could use at least one more lefty in the pen and maybe two, if you decide Shouse is washed up, and that really appears to be the case.

Balk, sacrifice, single is not getting the job done for a situational pitcher.

Get Shouse off this dang team!!! He falls behind every batter with those stupid, dragging outside pitches that tail about 3 feet outside of the right handed batters box. He is pitching horribly this year and it's almost a miracle when he doesn't allow a runner to score.

Doug, there's gotta be someone better out there. Get him NOW.

Face it folks, we're bad. Really bad.

Why do you even watch games? If you think we're soo bad and we have no hope, why don't you go out and grab a beer or something and not watch the game? It just gets annoying hearing everyone complain how terrible we are, then stop watching!

Interesting reasoning for the balk, but if that's the rule, it was an obvious call. I wonder though, what's the advantage of that? I assume it was written into rule because it somehow gives the team pitching an advantage by throwing to a 1B who isn't basically standing on the bag....I guess the reason would be because you could throw to a 1B standing next to the runner that is leading off? Wouldn't the runner still be able to make it back to 1st in time? If it's a rule it's a rule, I just wonder why.

Death, taxes . . . .

Rarely having any room for error due to the scoring situation doesn't help matters much, but you simply can't fall behind in teh count like that. Of course, on Sautrday Coco was ahead in the count on every hitter, and that didn't matter much either.

It just gets annoying hearing everyone complain how terrible we are, then stop watching!

The Cubs are a lot worse off than we are, yet their fans watch their games and post all over their message boards. It's called venting frustrations! Check out their message boards if you don't believe me. Before the day's games start there's countless threads about 'Cubs Regaining First Place Soon' and then after they lose it's 'We're doomed..we suck!' threads.

With the way Ned is going through relievers tonight, Sheets better go 7 innings tomorrow (it's not totally his fault, though...Cappy going down kind of forced his hand).

Let's just get out of this inning with minimal damage and hope that the law of averages finally kicks in and the Brewers can push a guy across to tie it again.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I guess I just hate how people keep saying how bad we are. We're clearly by no means a bad team, we're just struggling right now. It gets redundant reading everyone write "We suck!" Sadly, it's the same people who one month ago were saying "We're awesome!" and one month from now if we go on a winning streak will say the same thing.

Today on WSSP, Melvin said even more of a priority than the bullpen was finding a bat to help this offense. What position would he be looking to upgrade? You'd have to think he'd be looking at a better player than a David Bell/ Tony Graffanino-type pickup.

It just gets annoying hearing everyone complain how terrible we are, then stop watching!

Because we have been told as fans and paying customers of the Milwaukee Brewers that this team was gonna start WINNING GAMES...not just playing for "moral victories" or to "be competitive" in recent years. This team, from the front office all the way down to the last man in that dugout, told us during the first month of the season that this was the type of team we were gonna see. For years, this organization has said, "be patient". Well, the patience is gone, at least from me. The core players on this team are suppose to be the backbone of this organization for the next few seasons, and yet they play the same like they did in the second half last year. This organization told us that they were gonna play smart, fundamentally sound baseball. Instead, over the past month this team has played some of the worst baseball in the major leagues, and tonights game has proven that this team has also lost it mentally.

When we as taxpayers built Miller Park, we were told it was gonna make us competitive again. We are still waiting for the first winning season of Miller Park.

This team has won 10 games in a month, and shows no signs of pulling out of it. Forgive me for being critical.

Today on WSSP, Melvin said even more of a priority than the bullpen was finding a bat to help this offense. What position would he be looking to upgrade? You'd have to think he'd be looking at a better player than a David Bell/ Tony Graffanino-type pickup.>>>

WIth some of the chips Melvin has (how many calls is he getting tonight about Carlos..), they could be in a position to make a big splash trade (Beane has a term for it that I won't use on a family message boardhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif )

If Weeks is out for a while, an infield bat is a priority, otherwise a power bench bat not named Mench.

Tell 'em lumberrule.

I agreed with every word you typed there. We have the right to be disappointed and angry with how this team is playing. It's the hitting, pitching, defense and managing that are collaborating together to make our lives living hell these last few weeks. It's not just one or two facets of the game that are BAD right now.

[ It's called venting frustrations! ]

That's what the venting thread is for. If people want to spout off to let off some steam, they can rant until their heart's content over there. There's no way in hell I'm letting this site become a haven for ranting, raving lunatics with 30 threads about how every player should be traded/fired/waived/shot.

There are other Brewers message boards for people who need to communicate that way.

Archived