Brewer Fanatic

6/13/07 Brewers (Villanueva) @ Tigers (Maroth): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
When was the last time a thread wasn't filled with negativity? Some of you need to go do something else for awhile and cool off. Seriously, in games threads are no fun when everyone is bitter and fatalistic.

Well game threads are no fun when we have to update the score of Cardinals and Cubs games to see if they're going to gain any ground on us either.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find the IGT's fun, because when other people are frustrated it is kind of cathartic and makes a person feel more validated in their own frustrations, and thus less frustrated. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote:
What's the thinking here? That CV will be available on Sunday? Why not give hime one more? Or does this stem from the 23 earlier in the week?

I think the match-ups in Minnesota are:

Bush vs. Baker

Vargas vs. Boof

Soup vs. Lockey

But, hopefully, we'll be good to go on Monday at MP against Noah Lowry and the SF Giants

Quote:
When was the last time a thread wasn't filled with negativity? Some of you need to go do something else for awhile and cool off. Seriously, in games threads are no fun when everyone is bitter and fatalistic.

Again, what part of "we don't have any hits" (last night), "we need 22 hits to beat the worst team in baseball in 12 innings to avoid a sweep" (Sunday night), or "we have 12 baserunners in six innings but have scored one run" (tonight) screams "Happy, happy, joy, joy"?

I've done plenty else for a long while. I stayed away from this place for long stretches of this 10-20 skid, and did it again Saturday, Sunday, and most of last night's game.

Guess what? This team still stinks, and I still get mad at them. It might help you to not have to read my constant negativity, but it does me no good. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/happy.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Prediction: Our 2nd best starter (Villanueva) goes back to bullpen after this start.

He's not our second best starter...he's our best middle reliever who was pressed into making an emergency start tonight.

Villy right now is invaluable in the pen, and it would be foolish to move him right now. At the start of next season, or if injuries suddenly pop up soon, id be all for it, but outside of Cordero he has been the most consistent bullpen arm all season.

Apparently, Ned and the Brewers think making outs on the bases looks better to the fans than striking out all the time.

Lets hit and run on one of the best-throwing catchers in the history of the game. Good strategy Ned!

Not to pile on Shouse, but when is the last time Shouse got the out we brought him in to get? lol
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived