Brewer Fanatic

6/13/07 Brewers (Villanueva) @ Tigers (Maroth): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
Since Villy just pitched on Sunday I doubt he'll be able to go much more than five innings, though.

24 pitches Sunday... Include warmups and I'm thinking that's still less than a normal side session for a normal starter... I would imagine he's not too fatigued. Probably 90-95 pitches if he's dealing.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now 1 for 6 with RISP already, the 1 hit doesn't score anyone, and J.J. with a horrible baserunning play to take away the possibility of an out producing a run. Gee, why are they 10-20 in their last 30?

This is another situation in which it is nice we have Vargas if we need him, considering if we need to DL Cappy and have Yo to take Vargas' spot Saturday he could probably do it (unless I am completely oblivious to when Yo's spot in Nashville's rotation comes up)

Ugh guys, way to run yourselves out of the inning.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Dpapo,

It was a shallow fly on the first pitch...Hart bluffed going to the plate, which drew a throw...Hardy attempted to go to 2nd on the throw, the throw to the plate was cut-off and Hardy was thrown out.

On the bright side, Villanueva is solid as always.

Okay, I can't see the game at the moment. How was Hardy out and yet Hart not score. According to Gameday, Hardy was out at second. Thanks.

Shallow fly ball to Ordonez, Hart tagging up...throw hits the cut-off man, and Hardy (assuming Ordonez will miss the cut-off) gets gunned down at 2nd.

Poor baserunning for sure, but how often do you see outfielders hit the cut-off man these days?

Thanks. Glad I wasn't able to see that. I'll probably get to see the Brewers fail to drive home runners in scoring position and make another dumb mistake in an inning or so.

At least that is only one runner stranded instead of 2. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I just stopped by to say that this notion that Villy best serves this team out of the pen drives me nuts. The kid can flat out pitch and get hitters out. Long term he belongs in the rotation, end of story. The bullpen is fine this year, just as it would be for Yo, but I will supremely disappointed if he's not a quality starting pitcher at some point.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived