Brewer Fanatic

6/13/07 Brewers (Villanueva) @ Tigers (Maroth): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are using the DH to get Miller's bat in the lineup?

I like giving Estrada the night off from behind the plate so he can catch tomorrow afternoon.

I guess it's a little more palatable when you consider that but it wouldn't surprise me if Yost is pulling the ol' "two days rest" thing.

Quote:
estrada can switch from dh to catcher...not to mention we have CC just waiting for the chance to catch.

It was always my understanding that if the DH is switched to an actual defensive position, the pitcher would then have to hit in the place of the replaced player.

Here's the official rule:

Quote:
The Designated Hitter may be used defensively, continuing to bat in the same position in the batting order, but the pitcher must then bat in the place of the substituted defensive player, unless more than one substitution is made, and the manager then must designate their spots in the batting order.

It's highly unlikely Damian wouldn't be able to finish the game at catcher, though, so Bill will probably be freaking out about nothing.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

The lineup is alright. My only problem is the Corey Hart situation. You can't keep juggling this guy from 1 to 5 and visa versa and expect him to produce. Hitting 1st is a heck of a lot different than hitting 5th from an "approach" standpoint up at the plate. Make him your leadoff hitter and stick with it. He can hit for average, he'll take a walk, he's your best base stealer, and doesn't seemed overwhelmed with hitting 1st. So what's wrong with keeping him there? Yost baffles me sometimes.

Dear Brewers,

I work with several people from Detroit. I'm not asking for much, just a few hits, perhaps some runs. A victory would be great, but I understand we've got to start somewhere. I'd just like to come into work tomorrow morning and not have to defend you to my co-workers, be they the Tigers fans or the Cubs fans.

Thanks,

MPS.

"I wish him the best. I hope he finds peace and happiness in his life and is able to enjoy his life. I wish him the best." - Ryan Braun on Kirk Gibson 6/17/14

Quote:
The lineup is alright. My only problem is the Corey Hart situation. You can't keep juggling this guy from 1 to 5 and visa versa and expect him to produce.

Oh, come on. A month ago Corey couldn't get a game. You think he gives a crap about how his approach will be affected by hitting leadoff or 5th?

Now we are just making stuff up to be argumentative...

That's what powell just said, late scratch. No other news yet

edit: strained left groin, so never mind.

edit 2: oh, and 28 straight outs for the Brewers without a hit.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived