Brewer Fanatic

6/13/07 Brewers (Villanueva) @ Tigers (Maroth): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
thats my point russ, there is no good dh option against a lefty. My guess is that he will go with an OF of Mench, Gross or TGJ and Hart. Graffanino at 2nd. Hall DH. there is really nothing you can do, like you said but take a defensive upgrade at 3rd or CF.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm actually feeling pretty good about this series.

Mike Maroth looks to be the perfect remedy for a team that just got no-hit. I think we can bounce back and really knock him around. Also, with Sheets pitching tomorrow we could take the series.

thats my point russ, there is no good dh option against a lefty.

So you compound that by putting Gwynn in the leadoff spot?

My honest guess is that he is going to go with Graffanino as a DH, which is not a good option.

If Yost is going to play Counsell and Graffy, he would DH Braun and play Counsell at 3B and Graffy at 2B.

Quote:
I'm actually feeling pretty good about this series... Mike Maroth looks to be the perfect remedy for a team that just got no-hit. I think we can bounce back and really knock him around. Also, with Sheets pitching tomorrow we could take the series.

Agreed. Playing on the road against a good team is an uphill battle no matter what but the match ups for the next two games are pretty good.

id be fine with Hart in the leadoff and TGJ 9th. Ned played the percentages yesterday and it failed miserably. The only rightly of the bench would be our backup catcher who is not DHing. It has to be Jenks, Gross, or TGJ then. I would just prefer to go with TGJ. can he be worse than counsell in the leadoff spot, i think not.

Gwynn is batting 300 against lefties, and .281 against righties. Now you might say that is only in 20 at bats, which is true, but to say you will have shaking baby syndrome if he bats lead off may be a little extreme.

Quote:
I'm actually feeling pretty good about this series... Mike Maroth looks to be the perfect remedy for a team that just got no-hit. I think we can bounce back and really knock him around. Also, with Sheets pitching tomorrow we could take the series.

Hate to be a killjoy, but that Texas series sure looked like a panacea for what ailed us on the road...

I hate to turn this into a line-up thread again, but I think I have an inkling into what Ned might do against a lefty at an AL Park...only LH is Prince

2B Graff

SS Hardy

3B Braun

DH Fielder

RF Hart

LF Mench

CF Hall

C Estrada

1B Miller

Or he could move Hart to lead-off...move Graff to #9 spot

woogie, why are the standings not being updated in the initial posts? I've noticed that for about a week now.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

pitchleague, the standings haven't been updated because i have been too busy with work and what not, and they take the longest to make. i'll try to get them done, but there are no guarantees.... sorry about that.

okay, thanks for the explanation. I was beginning to wonder if something on my end as making them not appear for some reason.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

pitchleague, the standings haven't been updated because i have been too busy with work and what not, and they take the longest to make. i'll try to get them done, but there are no guarantees.... sorry about that.

I thought it was because we just didn't want to keep reminding ourselves of them.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I just don't understand why the average baseball fan and even many professional managers can't understand how utterly worthless the results of a few dozen ABs are in projecting the future. Over and over again it's proven wrong over the course of a season, yet most don't even notice. I've seen the some posters change their usually extreme opinions of a player from good to bad to good again, all in the same year! For those most guilty of this, do you even notice that you are doing it?

For those most guilty of this, do you even notice that you are doing it?

if they don't know they are doing that, I don't think they will be able to answer your question. I haven't wanted graffy or counsell from the begining of the year. since weeks is hurt, one of them has to play there is no getting around that. my problem like most has been with estrada batting 5th. If the main players are healthy, I don't want them sitting unelss they aren't feeling well, hurting or they have played like a month straight.

If they don't know they are doing that, I don't think they will be able to answer your question.

Some must know, especially with their opinion regarding Hardy, Hall, Hart, Gross and Gwynn.

OK, no more from me about this stuff. I haven't posted any lineups but just talking about different players certainly isn't slowing down all those kind of posts.

Here is tonight's lineup:

RF Corey Hart

SS J.J. Hardy

3B Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

LF Kevin Mench

CF Bill Hall

DH Johnny Estrada

C Damian Miller

2B Tony Graffanino

Prince is the only lefty. Here's to a breakout night for the offense. No more record strikeout performances as we seem to give so many pitchers.

The Mayor simply owns Cappy. That sucks. On the bright side, Graffy owns Maroth, too. And so does Corey Koskie. *sheds a single tear* I CAN'T QUIT YOUUUUUU!

Dang I miss that Goalie/3Bman these days...

GO CREW! We need the bounce-back tonight, for sure.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

he definately did what i didn't think he would do and put a catcher in as dh to have a righty orientated lineup. Hopefully it works. I like giving Estrada the night off from behind the plate so he can catch tomorrow afternoon.

Archived