Brewer Fanatic

6/13/07 Brewers (Villanueva) @ Tigers (Maroth): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
Let the healing begin!

Wouldn't it feel good if the Sheets and the Brewers could sneak out of town with a series win? I'd gladly give up a no hitter for a series win every time.

Agreed! With Sheets on the mound tomorrow, I feel good about our chances. Hall has put some good games together recently too, which is nice.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When this series began, I said "just give me one of the first two and I'll take my chances with Sheets on Thursday."

They did exactly that. Can't complain about anything now.

Hats off to Villy and Billy. I swear the balls must look like grapefruits to Hall at the moment. Down 1-2 in the count against Rodney. He takes 2 balls just off the corner...gets the count to 3-2...looking dead red and there we are.

Villy. What else can you say buy Thank You. The pen looks to be a tad drained at the moment...especially with no Villy and I'd assume no Wise on Thursday

Quote:
To me there's a big difference between "face it, this team sucks!" and "that was a stupid move by Yost." The former is a general vent, the latter is complaining about the current game.

That line can get pretty blurry. What if someone said: "face it, this team sucks.......that was a stupid move by Yost......he's a terrible manager.....we're 0-10 with RISP.....we play like losers". That's a nice blend.

You know. Why not just put the vent thread in the in gamer. Most venting is derived from when one is watching the Brewers play I'd imagine. That's when emotions are at their height.

How about placing the venting thread at the top of in the "in game thread" forum, instead of in the major league forum, where one needs to traverse over there and back, any time they want to make a post which might be deemed as negative.

Or just open two browser windows for those times when you just can't hold it in.

Quote:
Or just open two browser windows for those times when you just can't hold it in.

I thought about that, but sometimes I'm multitasking, and I have the max number of browser tabs used up.

It's not that big of a deal. It's a small thing that's never made sense to me. My main contention is that I don't understand the logic of it being in the major league forum. It's less convenient than it could be.

Whats worse, is that we've now wasted Villanueva basically for the entire Minnesota series for nothing

Any chance Villy and Vargas swap roles until the next off day? Maybe not w/Cappy's tweaked hammie. But with Villy throwing five today and being out for probably the next two days, I think Vargas could stay as the long man until Cappy's next start, or they swap Oxspring or Yo for TGJ on Cappy's next start.

The key is going to be Bush's start. If every they needed him to go at least 7, this is it.

Who wants to come to San Fran and drink a beer with me? Round's on me!

I'm a week too late - I'll be there next week. Don't they play SF next week though? We could watch the game on Tuesday and be the only fans in the bar rooting for the Brewers. Send me an email if you want to meet somewhere.

Thanks Brian. Yeah, maybe like a vent tab up around where it says "share this thread". So you have the page open to the in game thread......you have to vent.......click on the vent tab.......then click return to your normal in game thread discussion.

I don't know if you remember, but I was very complimentary of the site format and graphics in the past (at espn), so I can make these constructive criticisms.

[ I don't know if you remember, but I was very complimentary of the site format and graphics in the past (at espn), so I can make these constructive criticisms. ]

Hey, I'm absolutely all for constructive criticisms. I want to make this site the easiest to use and the most enjoyable experience for everyone.

The Brewers are 6-6 in their last 12 games. Let's focus on that sample, instead of the SLIGHTLY larger and uglier one?

the first time in BF history we are acutally supposed to look at a small sample size and be happy with it. I'm all for it.

Archived