Brewer Fanatic

6/13/07 Brewers (Villanueva) @ Tigers (Maroth): 6:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a little angry that I dropped Hall in fantasy yesterday before the game. He hasn't gotten out since, so maybe it was for the better.

I actually put him in my starting lineup at the start of the Texas series hoping the AL parks would get him going (that and my other OFers were doing even worse than Billy). Glad to see it's finally paying off this series.

Edit: It wouldn't be a Turnbow outing without at least one man on base.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Yeah, we're certainly not trading Villanueva. He's on the cheap for a couple more years (we're still the Brewers), and his value isn't proven to other teams, so they can use that fact against us. But for those in the organization, and those watching at home, his ability shouldn't be in question. "Bushy" is a proven commodity who would be used as a trading piece, not "Villy". Man, this team really needs to add a nickname advisor to their payroll. They come up with the most unoriginal ones.

Quick summary:

I don't think CV is on the block, I'm saying that he is likely the first guy opposing GM's ask about (assuming Yo is untouchable)

If the mlb.com pitch tracker is accurate, Hall owned the outside corner on the HR at bat, taking multiple pitches just off the plate and fouling off pitches just in the zone.

The Brewers are guaranteed to come home from this road trip in first. After Sunday, the Brewers will have played 69 games, 35 of them against teams within 1 game of .500 or better, 22 on the road. After Sunday, the Brewers will have 93 games left, 24 of them against teams within 1 game of .500 or better and only 7 of them on the road. To say the schedule opens up from here is an understatement. Now they have to execute, but the chance to turn it around is there.

Man, that time in AAA must have helped Braun a lot (this should probably be in blue, but that was a nice play!)
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Good job Electric Boogaloo!

Now Cordero, this isn't Texas anymore. See all of the seagulls? Yeah, this is Detroit. Now go back to All Star form please. Thanks. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

and Turnbow with a nice ballet move to get the final out.

I like how he "shot put it" very gracefully over to first.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
That's what the venting thread is for
\

Kay, here's a thought Brian. How about placing the venting thread at the top of in the "in game thread" forum, instead of in the major league forum, where one needs to traverse over there and back, any time they want to make a post which might be deemed as negative. It would be more convenient and I think more people would abide by the code.

I get in my car from my summer class and I hear Ueck's call of Hall's HR! And right before I hear him say Hall had two doubles and walk before that. Im so happy to see him have a big game finally. I never once doubted him.

Turnbow with a nice 8th, come on guys lets get this one.

Oh yeah and Braun flashing the leather.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

No matter the result of this game, I've seen a lot of things to make me a little more optimistic about the future. Braun flashing the leather, Hall hopefully breaking out of his mediocrity and Villy with a great emergency start. Please cap this optimism with a win, Brewers.

ajay, I would seriously consider it, but at the same time, you really need to give Cordero another chance to show that he's "still got it".

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived