Brewer Fanatic

6/14/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Tigers (Durbin): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Ouch, that hurt, but it was a good win.

I don't feel to bad, the Tigers sure can hit.

Great series win. I remember last year they came in here and roughed us up 2 out of 3 and we knew we had a long way to go to play at that level the Tigers were playing at.

Hopefully we have closed the gap.

Now for the Cubs to lose and the Cards too!

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why we won't pay Coco insane money for next year. Closers are too inconsistent and for the most part its an easy job.

I waited to come back to the thread until after the game but this is the best quote. Easy?? Ya, that's why there are so few good ones in the game. This should be in blue if anything because that is just insane to say that. Especially with the batters he was facing in this inning.

All that said, some of his 0-2 pitchers were not exactly good but the batters still had to hit them.

Lots of great performances out there today. Potential player of the games...

Sheets (just solid)

Estrada: 3 hits and 2 RBIs

Hart: His late dinger was the winning run. 2 hits and 2 rbis

Shouse: big out against Curtis in a jam

Spurling: That 7th inning whodini act was masterful

mikevan's office bathroom: come thru huge today

Just a huge team win!

This is why we won't pay Coco insane money for next year. Closers are too inconsistent and for the most part its an easy job.

I agree with that statement except for the "its an easy job". It is far from easy with all the pressure on those guys. Ecspecially for instance what happend to Cordero today. He had to get an out with a guy at third or its a tie game. That aint easy.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I had a Cubs fan friend idiotically tell me today that "the Brewers don't have three horses like Lee, Ramirez and Pie" (usually he's a lot smarter than that) so I've really got it out for them today.

Hopefully Dumpster can cough this one back up.

That guy Morrow for the Mariners is terrible - he walks two backup second basemen (DeRosa and Fontenot) on a combined nine pitches and then after a sacrifice gives up a hit to Cesar Izturis, backup shortstop.

If that's not a pathetic pitching performance, I don't know what is.

Oh, yeah - Brewers win!

I would like to remind you all that, at the beginning of the series, I took the fact that we were facing a very good and red-hot team in their own ballpark and predicted a series win.

I doubted after the Verlander game, worrying about a sweep, but then my hopes returned after last night's game.

Isn't it nice to play teams that are on a roll? It really seems that we get a lot of slumping teams, and I hate to see that because it seems like the Brewers are the official slump-busters of major league baseball this year.

Archived