Brewer Fanatic

6/14/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Tigers (Durbin): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Why is Yost hellbent on shoving the Counsell/Graffy 1-2 punch down our throats? Is Fielder already wearing down?

Quote:
If they are in the lineup together, they shouldnt bat back-to-back. EVER.

It's comments like this - that whenever I say them about anything or anyone I come out looking like an idiot for doubting. Like if I said those above statements Graffy and Counsell will go a combined 6-8 and dirve in 2-3 runs.

So....

Ned is just plain stupid for putting Graffy and Counsell together in the lineup.

Prove me wrong Yost.

I actually like the line-up. Both Counsell and Graffy seem to be hitting a lot of line drives since the start of the Texas series. Giving Fielder a day off from the field makes sense too, as it will pay dividends down the stretch.

It's amazing to think how down so many were after a couple losses in Texas and a no-hitter on Tuesday, yet here we are with a chance to get to 3-3 on this trip which is a record I think most of us would have gladly accepted before it started.

I like the lineup.

Hall has been seeing the ball well lately, and moving him to the fifth spot could pay off. Graffy and Counsell haven't been that bad lately. I'd rather have them back to back at the bottom of the order rather than having one of them bat higher in the lineup.

Quote:
If they are in the lineup together, they shouldnt bat back-to-back. EVER.

You're right, it is highly unusual for a team to bat their 2 worst hitters 8 and 9 in the lineup.

Didn't see this asked anywhere but is Hall nearing or made a record for most consecutive plate appearances reaching base?

I think players have gone 6-6 in a single game, so I doubt he's close.

I dunno, shouldn't your 2 worst hitters bat 8 and 9? I can't get that worked up about it.

I certainly agree. I wouldn't want Counsell getting an extra AB over, say Jenkins, just because Yost wanted to split them up.

Can somebody please help me? I'm trying to find the thread on how to circumvent the MLB.TV blackout restrictions. In that thread, there was a link to different proxy settings you can you so they don't know that you are in the blackout area. Does anybody know where that thread went to?

Quote:
Didn't see this asked anywhere but is Hall nearing or made a record for most consecutive plate appearances reaching base? The Tigers have not gotten him out yet in the series.

After a quick Google search, it looks like Ted Williams once reached 16 straight plate appearances, but I can't confirm that.

Archived