Brewer Fanatic

6/14/07 Brewers (Sheets) @ Tigers (Durbin): 12:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is the problem our hitters just aren't trying to get hits with RISP? I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Of course not. We've just stranded more than our fair share in 3 out of the past 4 games and a lot of it has to do with a lack of fundamentals, which is in stark contrast to the Tigers.

Case in point: 5th inning - With Graffy up and 2 RISP, he strikes out swinging on 3 pitches, including a couple low and inside. In the bottom half, Sheffield battles Sheets for a great at bat and drives in a run. The difference was in the approach, and the Brewers are lacking it.

Balks and Wild Pitches help though http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"Case in point: 5th inning - With Graffy up and 2 RISP, he strikes out swinging on 3 pitches, including a couple low and inside. In the bottom half, Sheffield battles Sheets for a great at bat and drives in a run. The difference was in the approach, and the Brewers are lacking it."

Might also have something to do with the fact that Sheffield is about eight times the hitter that Graffanino is.

Shouse, please. Don't make people start calling for Thatcher and Parra again ... or start talking about how Sheets isn't an ace. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/laugh.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived