Brewer Fanatic

6/16/07 Brewers (Bush) @ Twins (Bonser): 6:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"89? Really? Wasn't it just 92 like yesterday?"

It was 92 yesterday, before the game. Yesterday's win put it at 91, the Cubs loss today lowers it to 90, and the win tonight leaves it at 89.

Was @ the game tonight. It was fun to be one of 'those' kind of fans on the road. I'm going back again tomorrow with my 6 year old, looking for the sweep! Nice to hook up with some Crew fans in the local establishments after the game.

Bush was pretty darn good tonight. Offense was good enough.

Quote:
Was @ the game tonight. It was fun to be one of 'those' kind of fans on the road. I'm going back again tomorrow with my 6 year old, looking for the sweep! Nice to hook up with some Crew fans in the local establishments after the game.

About what percent of the fans there were Brewers fans tonight? I saw the game on DVR and I kept hearing chants of "Let's Go Brewers". It got pretty loud when Hall hit the big double.

Nice to see the team winning, and nice to see Brewer Nation making their presence felt outside Wisconsin.

I wish I could have been there this weekend.

Quote:
About what percent of the fans there were Brewers fans tonight? I saw the game on DVR and I kept hearing chants of "Let's Go Brewers". It got pretty loud when Hall hit the big double.

ECBucky said it was about 40% Brewers fans in attendance tonight so that'd be about 15,000.

I've gotten the Twins' TV feed the first two games, and last night they said something interesting. A chant of "Lets Go Brewers" had started up, and after a while, Twins fans booed loud enough to drown it out. Bremer (the play-by-play guy) commented that Brewer fans were in the house, and they were being vocal - but they weren't making as much noise as Minnesota fans make when the Twins come to Milwaukee. Really?

The crowd, to me, has sounded almost 50/50 on both nights. Since when does Miller Park become "Metrodome Southeast"?

FWIW, although I thought the above claim was bizarre, I like their broadcasting team. Bremer and Blyleven have a nice, easy chemistry, and they've been generous in their praise of the Brewers. Last night Bremer admitted that the Crew was an easy team to like, with all the young, homegrown talent, and that he'd probably pull for them if they were playing anyone but the Twins. Nice thing to hear from an opponent's announcer (especially a "rival" like the Twins!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif).

Went on to say that the Brewers were under the radar coming into 2007, but from what he could see, there was a good chance that they'd be the clear favorites in the division for at least the next few years.

It's the fact that we don't boo out the Twinkie fans, we just start an anti cheer. So it seems there are more fans at The Keg. But maybe now we should start calling the Triple H Dome Miller Park West, or The Dome away from Home.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Community Moderator

Back from Minnesota...

Went to the Friday and Saturday games. I'd guess it was about 10-20% Brewers fans on Friday and 20-30% on Saturday...and we made lots of noise. On Saturday, the "Lets Go Brewers" chant was started up about 15 times, generally when the Twins fans were sitting there silently, and each time the Twins fans had to boo loudly to drown it out. After the game, we ran into a group of Brewers fans with a Brett Favre poster...I think they might have been the ones who were starting the chants. Also, back in Hudson, WI about an hour later, we stopped at a gas station and a McDonalds, were there were about 50 other Brewers fans as well.

I would definitely go next year if you haven't driven up there recently.

Back from the game last night as well. We sat in LF and there were a large amount of Brewers fans at the game. It was fun to see the other side of the Opposition takes over your home field game. Our group had our Cow Bell going loud and proud for the Brewers and most of the Twins fans wanted nothing of it.

It was all in good fun but Security was a little harsh and tried to toss us out saying that they were not aloud. In the end Security caved and nobody was thrown out, but you could really tell people were surley due to the Crew handling the Twins and us finally being a little better than them. Met a lot of nice Twins fans though and had a great time. I will be back next year as always. I really can't wait until there new stadium opens.

Archived