Brewer Fanatic

6/17/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Twins (Slowey): 1:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Very very well said Doug. I sometimes catch myself trying to find the person to fault after a loss, but this is a very good offensive team in the Twins and the Brewers made it a very very exciting game. I think I enjoyed this loss more than some of the Brewers' wins (maybe a bit of a stretch... but it was a great game, well fought on both sides)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Took 2 of 3 from both Tigers and Twins. A winning road trip...after starting it 0-2. Heck after last Saturday some even had the team pegged for 3rd place by weeks end.

The team bounced back arguably the toughest loss of the season last Saturday and a being no-hit on Tuesday. I loved the resiliency

Gotta look at the big picture Ned. No need for bad vibes. Now let's get to the Keg and have a great homstand...like 7-2 or 6-3. The way they're playing its definitely a possibility.

And my favorite exchange:

Ueck: I tell ya, when the Brewers hit their next inside the park homerun and they look back to see who hit the last one, and they see Fielder's name...

(laughter)

Ueck: Of course it'll probably be you and you'll remember it.

JP: And you'll be right here with me.

That is a good one, Islands. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

On balance I can live with this loss having had the pleasure to watch that inside the park home run in person from pretty good seats. The Brewers have some of the worst luck with having runners on. 32TB and 4 walks and they only had 9 runs. Disappointing in that regard, but all in all it was a great game. We know have 5 players with .500 slug's in the line-up and with Hall back we could get to 6 by the end of the year.

I'm not buying this "it was a good loss," deal.

Chalk it up to another loss that was at least partially to blame for Yost's inability to manage the pitching staff.

Once or twice, I understand, but at this point it's a complete failing on his part.

Frustrating.

Just got back from my afternoon and it looks like I missed a lot.

I'm a little sickened by Spurling pitching to Morneau as well since it would have been great to snatch one away and pull one further away from the Cubs.

Given the way things were going when I left, maybe even being in that position in the 9th seemed a luxury to Yost. It wasn't.

Yes, the loss was disappointing. However, seeing them battle back like that was encouraging. I am also one of the luckiest Brewer fan taking in that little bit of history...in side the park homer by the Prince. It was great to be there and get on Lew. His head was so far between his legs it was awesome. Many of the Twinkies around me gained a lot of respect for our Brewers!! Great road trip, now lets get it done at home.

PS-The dome is horrible, can't wait for it to be torn down!

Most everyone on here is hunky dorey about the loss because it is a successful road trip, but today's game, like any other game only counts for one loss. If we were getting killed on this road trip there would be a calling out of Ned Yost again.

Well since I am not a Ned apologist or necessarily dislike the guy let's just do a quick analysis of the final inning.

Game is on the line:

Gardenhire puts in Nathan (his best bullpen arm)

Yost puts in Spurling...

Note the results.

Again I probably like Ned more than most people on here, but still feel that was a poor decision. You have to manage for every win you can get.

Quote:
Nathan blows the save?

Ha thats exactly what I was thinking.

You can't pretend that the Twins being up by 2 in the top of the ninth at home is the same situation as the Brewers being tied in the bottom of the ninth on the road. Spurling pitched an immaculate 8th.

Yost is by no means perfect (not by a longshot), but I don't understand why every loss has to fall squarely on his shoulders. Morneau is very good. In fact he's one of the Most Valuable Players in the league.

Brewers lose => off with Yost's head!

Brewers win => Prince for MVP!

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Spurling had to come out again because the Brewers didn't take the lead and thus Yost/Maddux had to play for extra innings. You cannot blow through your entire bullpen in the 9th, who's left to pitch the rest? It's not cool to see position players pitch in a MLB game.

This loss was squarely on Suppan's shoulders who's been pretty bad this last month and a half.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

"For the record, was Shouse actually available today? I thought someone in the chat said Powell reported he wasn't...."

Twins TV guys said Shouse actually told Yost he was available for duty on Saturday. If that's true, he was obviously available on Sunday - and his arm is made of rubber.

Archived