Brewer Fanatic

6/17/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Twins (Slowey): 1:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much does holding Bill Hall at third on a single stand now?

If he scores, then Gwynn likely gets to third on the throw, and scores on Counsell's sac fly - 10-9 and bring on CoCo.

Anyway, good to see we tied it up.

Lew Ford: Brewer-killer decides to give one back.

Wait...

Spurling coughs up the game-winner. D'oh!

I am in New Jersey and got the game on MLB TV. What a good effort. I am proud of how they played. Suppan was a dog though.

I have said again and again that Spurling is worthless and has ERA does not show his badness. He constantly allows hard hit balls. I will be stunned if he is still on the roster in August. Once Cappy comes back-he may be sent elsewhere-like Nashville.

Second pitch, right in the wheelhouse.

I agree that Bow or Coco would have been much better options to face Morneau, but either one of them might have coughed up that shot - Morneau punishes a lot of pitchers.

I feel pretty good about this loss - it would have been nice to win it, but it felt good to have that comeback there.

On a side note, Uecker's call on that Fielder home run was absolutely priceless.

Gotta save Villy incase Yo bombs on Monday, I would assume. Can't count on Yo going 7 on Monday, and I sure don't want Yo throwing 110 pitches through 5 innings like Homer Bailey either.

That's AL baseball though, had we gotten the lead, we would have seen Coco. There was no reason to warm up T-bow b/c Spruling didn't need to be pinch hit for either. You don't want to warm up T-bow just because the game might be tied.

It is too bad Villanueva wasn't available, because I am almost positive if he were, he'd have been out there and not Spurling.

I'm just kind of glad this wasn't T-Bow, people would have been hooting and hollering for his head. We all know Spurling is fairly mediocre, lol.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Quote:
I feel pretty good about this loss - it would have been nice to win it, but it felt good to have that comeback there.

I actually agree with that, though it stings that we had the bases loaded with nobody out and only managed to tie the game. A bases clearing double would have been nicer.

Oh well, the Cubs still lost!

while you can be happy on how they came back, you can question neds handling of the pen. He left in Suppan too long so he wouldn't have to use Yo and let him start tomorrow.

I know the pen options were limited. We couldn't use shouse since he pitched 3 yesterday. There is no reason why Wise couldn't of pitched the 9th though. Also wouldn't CV be an option since he hasn't pitched since Wednesday.

Ned seemed pretty down in the press conference. I bet he's kicking himself for not using Gallardo seeing how our offense came to life.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Yeah I noticed that too. He seemed more down in that loss than in some of the losses I have been so upset about, and I looked at this as a good loss. He must have really been regretting some of the moves he made at some point in the game. Oh well, go get 'em tomorrow boys.

Ned even said "there was probably some bullpen mismanagement in there somewhere" ... I'm not sure what question that was in response to, but my guess is he is wishing he didn't leave Soup out there to burn as long as he did.

Wow what a great game. It made my drive back to Madison from La Crosse so enjoyable. I was actually yelling outloud repeatedly alone in my car after Fielder's inside the parker. Uecker and Powell had me in stitches too - Uecker was loving this game like a little kid: Mr. Baseball.

The Crew really hadn't had a big comeback game this year, and there isn't really a better feeling than listening to/watching one (except maybe a comeback win I suppose...) but man that was a ridiculous game.

to quote Ueck (or rather, to paraphrase him) a few times:

"A five spot and they'd start fresh..."

"And the brewers are right back in this baby, folks"

"Well, win, lose, or draw, this has been a heck of a game."

And my favorite exchange:

Ueck: I tell ya, when the Brewers hit their next inside the park homerun and they look back to see who hit the last one, and they see Fielder's name...

(laughter)

Ueck: Of course it'll probably be you and you'll remember it.

JP: And you'll be right here with me.

my guess is he is wishing he didn't leave Soup out there to burn as long as he did.

Yeah, but that's because now we know the results (that we came all the way back). It would be foolish and short-sighted to always play under the assumption that your team is going to storm back from 5-run deficits. I think he made the right move by trying to get the most out of Suppan during a game that we had very little chance of winning. That's how you keep your best guys available for games in the future that you have a better chance of winning.

I have zero issues with how Ned handled the game today.

Archived