Brewer Fanatic

6/17/07 Brewers (Suppan) @ Twins (Slowey): 1:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make that 6 LOB, need some clutch 2 out hitting. Keep being patient with this guy because he doesn't have control today.

Yeah, the Brewers have him at 50 pitches so far, but Suppan needs to keep us in the game.

Does anyone know if Yo was warming up in the bullpen. If nothing else, I'm hoping Suppan can settle down and pitch a couple more innings so they aren't tempted to bring in Yo.

I guess at this point all I'm really hoping for today is the Padres really start piling on the Cubs since I know there's no way that collection of hotheads on the Northside will be able to resist doing something idiotic and bench-clearing

Saw this on JSOnline this morning,

"Yost still plans to give right-hander Yovani Gallardo his first big-league assignment Monday against the Giants, assuming he isn't needed today in long relief. "

Although, he later said, "Why break Gallardo into a spot that Villanueva is already broken into?" Yost said.

On the radio broadcast Powell said Villanueva isn't available today, so someone else would have to do long relief if Suppan gets knocked out early.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

On the radio broadcast Powell said Villanueva isn't available today, so someone else would have to do long relief

Well then, screw it. He's already given up 5 runs. Just leave Suppan out there to throw 115 pitches, and save our bullpen for a game when we might actually need it.

Archived