Brewer Fanatic

4/2/08 Brewers (Suppan) at Cubs (Lilly): 1:20 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is kapler playing against lilly? he's only 4 for 22 coming into the game against him, with a sub .600 OPS.

If you play matchups--which is what platooning is--then you should play the matchup, not just blindly do it.

Skaalen telling Rock to shut up about manufacturing runs-best bit ever!
My sound isn't working. What did he say?

Rock was talking about how well the Brewers were manufacturing runs today (!?!)and Skaalen comes back with "Yeah, Weeks did a good job of manufacturing with that first pitch there"

Well there's the first example of the pitcher batting 9th working. It is going to go both ways but it has worked here.

Except don't forget that Suppan batted with a runner on second and two out last inning...a Kendall double there (admittedly a big assumption) would have been purty neat. Still, Kendall leading off an inning is better than the pitcher any day, and I'm glad Ned has shown a willingness to learn and try new things.

Except don't forget that Suppan batted with a runner on second and two out last inning...a Kendall double there (admittedly a big assumption) would have been purty neat. Still, Kendall leading off an inning is better than the pitcher any day, and I'm glad Ned has shown a willingness to learn and try new things.
They would of pitched around Kendall and faced Suppan.

Archived