Brewer Fanatic

MLB Extra Innings - Free Preview

Patrick425
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

darn it, Pedro beat me to it by five minutes. I, too, was going to recommend the Superfan package, but only if you have an HDTV and HD programming. I have neither so I don't get it, but once I do, I will definitely sign up for it.

The regular extra innings package is just fine, though. I love it and couldn't live without it.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Yeah, I decided to splurge and get it. It was basically the best purchase I ever made. The only thing I don't like about it is the Saturday afternoon games being blacked out, and once again the Brewers play a Saturday afternoon game this weekend. It prevented me from watching the Santana-Sheets battle, which I wasn't too pleased about. But there's honestly nothing like being able to watch any baseball game you want.

But were you able to watch the Sheets-Santana game on Fox? I thought the reason it was blacked out was due to Fox picking it up for their Saturday game.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I didn't get Sheets-Santana here in SF...incredibly irritating.

If they're not gonna show a particular game as the "national" game in your viewing area, you should be able to watch that game's feed (from Fox or the locals or whatever) on Extra Innings. MLB needs to work that into their next TV contract.

Usually, the Saturday Fox game is of a solid regional matchup. Last Saturday I think that was usurped in favor of Fox thinking that the whole country wanted to see the Yanks and Red Sox. Just about any other time of the year, I would have been able to watch the Brewers and the Mets because of regional coverage in the Northeast. It is very, very rare in Philly for us to see an AL East game on Fox Saturday as it is almost always a NL East game.

Happy to say that I'm watching my first Brewers game of the season! Unhappy to say that Villy looks like me throwing BP out there right now...

Question: Is the 'dual feed' option only on the DirecTV package of Extra Innings? I'm stuck without BA & Bill. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Looks like each game only has one choice of 'feeds'

I don't know how my wife puts up with it, but I get the E.I. package every season.

I'll go out of my way to listen to Vin Scully. Reading a book and listening to Scully in the back ground is great.

-I used to have a neat-o signature, but it got erased.

... and my first night of Extra Innings comes to a close. Oh man, was it great! Got to see KC's closer Joakim Soria look filthy-nasty tonight closing it out at LAA, in addition to my first Brewers game of the season.

I too splurged on the superfan package and I don't really know what I used to do before I had it. The game mix channel is probably the most awesome thing I have ever seen. And I agree on the Scully thing. I never enjoyed watching a blowout so much.

I didn't see it specifically mentioned the blackout rules apply to all games on Saturday afternoon and Sunday nights. Fox owns rights to all games on Saturdays and ESPN on Sundays so you're stuck watching what they think you want to watch. At least that's how I understand it. Also, sorry if this was already covered.

I'm still getting EI for free, although watching the Brewers this week has been nothing short of frustrating. I too enjoy watching Soria, although being in KC I don't need EI to do that. I think my wife is ready for my free trial to end soon as well. This is probably the first time I've ever been happy with Time Warner Cable...

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say, I do love all the other baseball at my fingertips from across the country (I got to watch that SD-COL 22-inning game, etc.) and I do love seeing the Brewers, but man, what a disappointing slate of Brewers' games so far. Opening Day Tuesday's Cubs game and that Fielder HR off Hamels are the few really good ones I've been able to watch here out West that I wouldn't have been able to otherwise; the others seem to be these gut-punch games (Cincinnati, the entire Houston series).

It's one thing seeing the Brewers coughing games up from the comfort of your home; it's another to pay for the privilege!

• 2 months later...

This was the best thread I could find... hard to search for something called "Extra Innings" in a baseball forum! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Anyway, for anyone that's in the TOR or NYY markets, or anyone with Extra Innings:

The Blue Jays are wearing their killer powder blue throwback unis tonight! I'd forgotten how sweet they look. It's basically the uni from our great ball & glove logo era. Tune in for a peek!

if I remember correctly, the Jays are wearing them for several games this year, kind of like the Brewers wearing their retro gear. Not sure what the specifics are but I know it's not a one-time only deal.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I know this has been mentioned in a couple other threads, but I just want to make sure everyone is aware for at least tomorrow's games.

MLB Extra Innings is currently on a free preview. I don't know how long it will last. Watched the Astros down the Cubs tonight (& on Houston's broadcast, no less)

You are correct. Free MLB Entra Innings and Superfan thru the 23rd. Personally I have had extra innings the last three years and I love it. The new strike zone channel this year is a major upgrade also. I don't know what the price is for the second half of the year but I would recommend it.

Archived