Brewer Fanatic

MLB Extra Innings - Free Preview

Patrick425

Not sure if everyone is aware of it, but there is a free preview of MLB extra innings (not sure if the preview is just offer on Time Warner or not). I think they do this every year and I think it lasts for a week. Gives you more options of other games to watch during the Brewer's rain delay. Also, since all the games this week are day games, it will give you several games to watch at night. It start at around 880 on Time Warner.

I usually end up subscribing to this every year...probably will do so again this year.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's good. I'm too cheap to plunk down the $170 or whatever when I get all the ESPN, FOX, WGN, and TBS national games, plus all the Twins and Brewers games on FSN. But it's still fun to watch all the games for a week. It's especially enjoyable to get to listen to Vin Scully call games. He's the gold standard in our business. Still.

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

• 2 weeks later...

They finally shut mine off a few days ago. I was happy with the extra 4 or 5 days of baseball.

It has to be free if you didn't order it. There's no way they can charge you for watching something you didn't ask for in the first place. Well, we do live in America so there is a chance....

I finally ponied up this year...I got sick of "watching" the games via a combo of Gameday, the IGT (!), and Gameday audio. I still use the audio at work ($15 is a steal) and it's hard to top Ueck, but nothing beats actually seeing the games. It's a God-send for those of us outside FSN Wisconsin's market.

Getting all of the other games is just icing on the cake.

Series, seeing as you live in SF, do you find it hard to catch most games during the week? I am thinking about getting the package but by the time I get home it's around the 7/8th inning (for most games). I currently use the same combo you used last year but am getting antsy.

Might be worth it though just to see the weekend series games.

I suppose I could Tivo the game, but I do love live sports.

For out West Coast fans, is TiVo or DVR a possibility for some of those games? If you dont get home until 6:00 Pacific time, just dont log onto the computer or watch highlights, eat dinner and sit down at 7:05 your time and watch it. Again, not sure of DVR works for those channels though.

I'll be TIVOing some games, depending on their importance to me or if I know I won't be able to see any of it (I'm like my Grandpa though--he tapes Packers games because watching it live nearly gives him a heart attack and only watches if they win!).

During the week (M-F) I just deal with the "early" start times...I've noticed that for 5 o'clock start times I usually can get home in time for the third inning, which is acceptable for me--it'd be the same even if I was on the internet/audio. 4 o'clock (PST) starts out East are harder during the week but I can still get home by 5:45 and catch the later innings. I'm looking forward to the Brewers starting to play more of their Saturday night games at MP though to avoid the Fox blackout.

Obviously their San Diego/Colorado/Arizona series are ideal for me in terms of TV (I'll be at the games in SF and LA), and weekday series in the EST are the worst. But I'll get by--I bought the package knowing I wouldn't necessarily be able to catch every inning of every game.

For out West Coast fans, is TiVo or DVR a possibility for some of those games? If you dont get home until 6:00 Pacific time, just dont log onto the computer or watch highlights, eat dinner and sit down at 7:05 your time and watch it. Again, not sure of DVR works for those channels though.

I'm pretty sure it would. I set up my Tivo to recognize those channels during the free preview and would just need to know what channel to record the day of a game. Extra innings has a listing of what channel the games are on so you could set up a week or two of games in advance.

I've analyzed it this much, I should probably just take the plunge.

The coolest thing this year on Extra Innings is they are carrying both feeds of a lot of games. I live in Wi so the other team's feed of Brewer games is always blacked out. I enjoy flipping between feeds on other team's games. It would be interesting to here what the homers from other teams say about the Brewers.

I had not noticed the dual-feeds. I'll have to check on that tonight.

Just think . . . maybe I won't have to listen to the Pittsburgh guys, or the Reds guys, or the Astros, Mets, or Twins guys anymore. I'm sure there are others that I don't think are very good.

As for tivoing a game, it does indeed work with the extra innings package. So fire up those DVRs!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Payday is today for me (dangerous), and I've been thinking about adding the Extra-Innings package for some time now. The only concern I have is over any blackouts -- are there any problems with missing a game on Ex. Inn. when you live out of market for your team? Or are the blackout problems only related to living in-market?

Thanks in advance.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The only blackout problems I notice with Extra Innings (I live in Philly) are:

1) If the Brewers are playing in Philly (and I don't get Comcast Sports) or

2) When there's Fox Saturday afternoon regional coverage

Last year I was able to watch more Brewers games than my buddies in Milwaukee with FSN because I could always get the other teams broadcast.

I love it and for me it's worth the money as I'll watch just about any game. I particularly enjoy being able to watch a load of NL West games that you usually don't get the chance to see.

If you live in Wisconsin the only feed you get of Brewers games is FSN Wisconsin. So if they aren't carrying the game you are out of luck. The other team's broadcast is always blacked out. As an example, last Fiday's game against the Mets wasn't on FSN WI. It was carried by the Mets feed, but it was blacked out for me. Of course this makes no sense, but whatcha gonna do?

Yeah, I decided to splurge and get it. It was basically the best purchase I ever made. The only thing I don't like about it is the Saturday afternoon games being blacked out, and once again the Brewers play a Saturday afternoon game this weekend. It prevented me from watching the Santana-Sheets battle, which I wasn't too pleased about. But there's honestly nothing like being able to watch any baseball game you want.

TooLive, in your area, the Mariners will be the only team blacked out by Extra Innings. You're probably getting them already, anyway.

Take a look at this map and this thread for additional information. You might also want to peruse what's under the radiotv tag on this board and the cablesatellite tag in Off Topic.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived