Brewer Fanatic

Bad news for the Brewer's Wild Card chances

endaround

Dodgers will win that division so isn't bad news for our wild card chances. The DBacks have no pitching after Webb/Haren and the Rockies won't repeat last year. I think those teams all beat up on each other and the WC comes out of the east or central.

The very idea that Juan Pierre was a viable corner outfielder is just so stupid that the league should have denied their contract offer to Torre and told them they'd be suspended for a year unless they signed Dusty Baker, as only a complete freaking moron could think that makes sense. Yep, put the promising 26 year-old with two decent MLB seasons on the bench so you can start a crap hitter with a girl arm because he's fast.

"Hey I know the solution guys, let's sit Braun and put Counsell in left!"

What I find unbelievable is the fact that the Brewers were apparently very interested in signing Pierre. I tell myself that it was all Mark A's idea, to make myself feel better about Melvin. Of course, I said the same thing about Suppan's signing as well but Suppan at least has positive value. Pierre shouldn't even be a starter anywhere.

Archived