Brewer Fanatic

6/15/07 Brewers (Vargas) @ Twins (Baker): 7:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Just got back from the game. WOW now that was FUN. A lets go Brewer chant busted out, i don't know if you heard it or not. It felt like ALOT of brewer fans were there. I was in the Cheap seats above the baggy. There was a huge brewer chant going when we were leaving also , it was fun.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dome can make 20,000 fans sound like 100,000, but it was still cool to see and hear that much Brewers fever, especially on the Salami. I did indeed hear a "Let's go Brewers" chant on the FSN Broadcast in the 9th, but it was pretty faint, as chants on TV tend to be.

I liked Shouse coming in and getting the unconventional save. Granted it was a low-pressure situation, he looked solid, which is very encouraging. I'm just worried that we'll see a key situation that calls for a LOOGY tomorrow and Shouse won't be availible (or if he is, not as sharp). Might we see a few lefties in a row in the Twins lineup tomorrow?

Verified Member

Misery?? BAH!!!!

Georgia, Georgia! 92?? Looks like the Cubs are going to keep it that way. Missouri?? LOL!!! Dude where did you get your education? sigh... http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Quote:
Question is, did any of the people enjoying the big Brewers fan presence in Minneapolis last night complained about the Cubs fan presence at Miller Park after Chicago's wins last week?

I doubt the Brewers fans were saying that they own the place, or cheering for every pitch, or starting fights with the Twins fans, or saying that the Twins suck, or that Hunter is overrated and washed up, that is what Cubs fans do, I'm sure there were some Brewers fans making fools of themselves, but that is completely different than being a Cubs fan, I can't believe that you even compared the two.

From my experience, Brewer fans visiting the Metrodome behave much like Twins fans visiting Miller Park. They're annoying in that they're pulling for the away team, but not necessarliy obnoxious.

"That has got to be the largest margin of victory when somebody still got a save in the history of baseball."

Actually it's not close. I believe the largest margin of victory in a save was when Stan Belinda earned a 3-inning save in a 22-3 Reds win over the Phillies on 9/4/99.

The Brewers' largest margin of victory in a save would be Jim Colborn's 3 2/3 innings of scoreless relief in a 17-3 win over Detroit on 5/1/75.

I was at the game, with my 16 friends for a bachelor party. We were loud when it was appropriate, but we got louder when we started getting verbally abused by three Twin's fans who made our bachelor party look sober. We kept it clean, they did not and got kicked out of their own stadium.

Most Twin's fans around us were disappointed to see so many Brewers fans but understood and we generally had a great time.

Archived