Brewer Fanatic

6/15/07 Brewers (Vargas) @ Twins (Baker): 7:10 PM CDT

wOOgiE22

Every game makes me nervous, but this one feels as good as any in the series. Our hitters got a long look at Baker last month, and I don't think he's a good enough pitcher to dominate our bats again. Vargas isn't our best starter, but he's been awfully effective at keeping Milwaukee in games that he pitches, as the Crew's gaudy W/L record in his starts indicates.

Win this one, and it's a satisfactory road trip, regardless of what happens on Saturday and Sunday.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
If Gallardo pitches Monday like he is scheduled to, then he would next start Sunday the 24th, which is sweet cause I will be at that game, Bill Hall bobblehead.

Bcin04: I have tix to that game too and would love to see Yo pitch, but I think with the Thursday off-day Yo is likely to be skipped?

Looking at the schedule, my guess is that Yoster would set them up like this..

Monday 18: Yo or Villy (depends on Minnesota bullpen need)

Tuesday 19: Sheets

Wednesday 20: Vargas

Thursday 21: Off

Friday 22: Bush

Saturday 23: Suppan

Sunday 24: Sheets

Monday the 25th: Cappy is available to come off the DL since it was backdated to June 9th.

So Yo gets 1 start and after that everything returns to how it was... Of course this is all subject to change if Cappy's not quite ready by the 26th or possibly if Villy or Yo dominate on Monday

BrewCrew, no adult beverages tonight. The wife and I are on the South Beach diet, which actually means I'm not supposed to have any pizza, but I'm making the exception tonight. So the adult beverage of water will be my choice. Plus I don't drink a whole lot anyways.

Hawing, I just graduated with an English major. I included the 'winky' face as opposed to blue font after my geologist 'joke'. Guess it just wasn't clear. Ah well!

Everyone knows geographers map, and geologists study angles & numbers....duuuhhhhhh!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote:
You mean there are actually Brewer fans that dont drink much??!! Must be because we are in first place!

Not even 2002 was enough to make me drink. I make up for the lack of beer/booze by drinking plenty of milk, the other true Wisconsin drink.

Anybody else feeling bad about this game? Vargas allows a ton of baserunners, our bullpen is depleted, he hasn't gone past 6 and we're facing a guy who owned us earlier.

Here's to them proving me wrong though.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived