Brewer Fanatic

What Excuse Are You Using To Get Out of Work Today And Watch The Game?

I can't call in to work. Every manager and co-worker in the store knows about my Brewers and sports passion. They'll know that I'm not really sick and I just wanted to stay home and watch the Brewers and other baseball games all day. The killer is, even though I work in an electronics store, I can't get a tv or radio to come in.

I don't need any excuse, but I probably use 80% of my vacation time for Brewers-related things. I'm going to be pissed if the game is rained out and I miss it on Tuesday though. I have too much work to do to take another day off.

I'd love to hear some creative excuses though.

I lucked out by not having any Monday afternoon classes this semester. Although Friday afternoon, I just won't go to a class that I'm really not allowed to miss.

Last year I got out one of my labs because I had a 'phone interview for a summer internship and Monday afternoon was the only time they could schedule it;' which, in actuality, had taken place two weeks prior.

My last day at my old job was Friday; when I was speaking with my new boss a few weeks ago about my start date there I asked him if I could start April 1 and was up-front with him that I'd already designated today a vacation day at my old place.

So I got the best of all worlds, no accrual of vacation or sick days anywhere, plus I got the payout for the day I would've taken off today at my old place plus (please please let it happen) I get to watch the Brew Crew today.

Unfortunately I really did get the flu late last week, so I can't use that excuse for today. And I have surgery scheduled for next week, so I can't use any vacation time for today. Oh well, Gameday it is!

If I had Braun's pee in my fridge I'd tell everybody.

~Nottso

Archived