Brewer Fanatic

6/18/07 Giants (Lowry) @ Brewers (Gallardo): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My computer started to lag with the chat room, so I ended up losing my place. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif Bummer. Here's to hoping the Brewers add more this inning.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I doubt it, Vargas would go to the pen if either of them does. He's proven he can't go deep into games at all and Bush has pitched as well as he has.

But I guess thats a discussion for another thread, heh.

Quote:
I doubt it, Vargas would go to the pen if either of them does. He's proven he can't go deep into games at all and Bush has pitched as well as he has.

Well I haven't seen either of them go past 6 with any success this year..

I for some reason just like Vargas better.. I don't see Bush having a goto out pitch while Vargas seems to miss more bats.. of course that might mean he is better suited for the pen.

Bush does lead the team in K's...he's pitched into the 8th four times this year and pitched at least 6 innings in 9 of 14 starts with only one start going less than 5.

Vargas has never made it past 6 IP, he's pitched 6 innings in 6 of 12 starts with 2 starts going less than 5.

Gallardo looking very good since the first inning, I'm pretty impressed by him so far which is going to make this whole starting rotation question a tricky one.

I'd be tempted to try Shouse for the next inning with the switch hitter and some lefties. Of course, Shouse has been awful lately, and Yo does have 19 pitches for the 100 mark. This is where I wish we had a power, high K reliever for the early innings. I miss Chad Fox.

Yo just needs to learn to pitch to contact a bit more... ABs like the one with Bonds drive me nuts. He's 0-2, then he misses 3 times outside before trying to sneak a fastball in on the low outside corner. I was hoping for a change-up on that 1-2 count over the inner half and send his butt back to the dugout.

Lame thunderstorm up here in GB is killing my viewing of the game, keeps knocking Dish every 15 minutes or so for 1-2 minutes.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Corey!!

As for Yo, his fastball has been in the low 90s and his curveball has been in the upper 70's, and he's had good control of both. Had some bad luck in the first inning but has settled down since.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived