Brewer Fanatic

6/18/07 Giants (Lowry) @ Brewers (Gallardo): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
considering he had tommy john surgery and never pitched for the crew again, it's not a fair comparison.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not afraid of you and he will beat your ass.

Nice. Yo La Tengo is so much cooler than the old days of G-Love and Special Sauce. Even band references used for #5 starters are better than the old days.

In honor of Yo! and inspired by Yo! MTV Raps....I've written the official lyrics to Yo's debut tonight, put to the music of his player music "How We Do" by The Game:

Tonight's something special

Debut as a professional

JJ turnin' outs into outs on the ground

Prince wearin' the homerun crown

Billy in centerfield divin'

6'6 Corey at lead off even makes Bernie go slidin'

Which lineup will make the most?

Ask Ned Yost

It'd be Wise to keep Matt away from anything but toast

Just another in-game-thread post

Straight up from the Nashville Sound

Welcome ya'll, it's Yovani on the mound

Fort Worth in the house

You about to get a slobberknocker to the mouth

From the left Prince flexes,

Just like Shouse

Yo! straight outta Texas

2nd round? You must be kiddin'

27 up, 27 down, that's how Yo! be livin'

Yeah he can pitch, but can he hit?

Kid even carries a stick

Got help from Braun on the hot corner

San Fran please, this is the big leagues

Your team is Pop Warner

Tomorrow Sheets'll bring the heat

Time to start a win streak

Tonight's just a peak

I ain't messin'

7 pm, turn on FSN

Open some eyes, K more than Barry Bonds' hat size

How about it kid, break a leg

Beginning of a New Era, welcome to The Keg

Well, he definitely flashed some brilliance in that inning, though. Bonds and Roberts just had really good AB's against him. The pitch count is probably going to be an issue with him for a while, until the umpires start to give him those pitches that miss by an inch or two, because he doesn't try to pitch to contact.

Well...I am officially approved to post on this forum. I've been stalking this board for about two years now, finally decided to stop being a lazy bum and join. I've been waiting since pre-game to be approved, so here's my cumulative thoughts so far:

FSN playing the clip of Aaron's 715th right before the game was very interesting...can't imagine what the July series will be like vs. SF.

Yo walking Bonds was obviously a good call, it's a decent situation to walk him for any pitcher, let alone a debuting pitcher.

Corey Hart should really catch that foul ball against the right field line in the top of the 1st, it's his home stadium, you have to know how much distance you have to the walls.

And...I love Prince. 2-1 Crew.

Archived