SS J.J. Hardy

3B Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

CF Bill Hall

C Johnny Estrada

LF Kevin Mench

2B Rickie Weeks

RHP Yovani Gallardo

Really like the looks of this lineup. I think this is the type of lineup Yost could stick with for awhile. With Jenkins in LF batting 7 against RHP and Mench in that spot against LHP's. Weeks gets on track and he will be the most feared 8 hitter Ive seen in quite sometime.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I like that lineup; I think Ned is content with a low-impact role for Weeks for the next few months (or as long as his scar tissue will allow). At the same time, batting 8th, he's either going to draw more than his share of free passes or knock in some runs if the opposing manager challenges him.

Also, as much as I like Lowry....is there anything more exciting than Bill Hall facing a lefty while finally starting to go on a tear? These are the kind of games that makes it fun to be a Brewers fan.

I'm looking for Yo to go ~ 6 IP, 4 runs, 5 K's. I'll be impressed if he doesn't give up a HR to Bonds (not the guy you want to face in your ML debut). My guess is that neither starter factors into the decision.

I only read page 4 of this thread so far, so I'm sure this is a repeat of other postings, but holy cow that lineup is devastating. If we wouldn't have already won 4 of 5 games, I would say this would mark the start of a nice little run ... I'm sorry for whoever pitches LH against the Brewers when all of these players are available.

On the other hand, games that I'm so excited about like this one usually end up being a bit of a letdown. My guess is that Gallardo will be a little bit too fired up to start the game. I think the Brewers will win if he is able to settle himself and get through 5-6 innings.

It's not the exact order I would have liked but the right players are in there, which is by far the most important part. I hope Weeks gets healthy soon and forces himself back into somewhere in the top 5 soon.

I wonder how long Weeks' wrist will continue to act up... because they have said they expected "flair ups" throughout the season. I was under the impression this meant a couple days off here and there, not a d.l. stint. I hope they gave him enough healing time where he won't have to see any more issues with it for the rest of the season. We don't even know what a fully healthy rickie weeks looks like..he's been riddled with hand and wrist injuries since he's been in the majors. I'm still salivating at his potential. But I wish I didn't have to use the word potential with him still...

The Brewers better win, because this day is not going well for me. Two hours before the start of last Wednesday's game I agreed to sell Monday's tickets to my boss. I thought it was ok since I had softball. Then Yo is announced as starter for the game. Then two hours before softball starts it just starts pouring out here. Grrr.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

It's pouring here, too, and looks like it'll be pouring for most of the night...hopefully the rain doesn't screw with my satellite signal tonight. I'd be disappointed if I had to miss Yo's first inning as a Brewer because I couldn't get a signal. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I have to avoid this site like the plague from game time on... I can't watch the beginning of the game, so I'm recording it, so I can't watch it until the whole thing is over. Boo.

Reminds me of the one episode of Seinfeld where Jerry taped the Mets game because he missed it, avoided society until he had the chance to watch it, and even answered his phone by saying, "Hello if you know what happened in the Mets game don't tell me because I taped it," only to have Kramer barge in and say "Boy, did the Mets blow it tonight!" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quote:
Steve Woodard 07/28/97 vs. Tor (W)

8 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 12 Ks, 0 ER

Jeff D'Amico 06/28/96 @Tor (W)

5.2 IP, 2 H, 4 BB, 5 K, 0 ER

Ben Sheets 04/05/01 @ Hou (L)

6 IP, 6 H, 5 BB, 5 K, 5 ER

Nick Neugebauer 08/19/01 @ Cin (W)

5 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 9 K, 1 ER

Ben Hendrickson 06/02/04 @ LAD (L)

5.0 IP, 7 H, 2 SO, 2 BB, 4 ER

Kyle Peterson 07/19/99, vs. CHW (ND)

5.0 IP, 8 H, 3 SO, 3 BB, 5 ER

No love for...

Chris Saenz 04/24/04, vs. StL (W)

6.0 IP, 2 H, 7 SO, 3 BB, 0 ER

...?

Prediction for tonight: 5.1 IP, 7 H, 4 SO, 3 BB, 5 ER (2 ER at hands of RP)

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived