Brewer Fanatic

6/18/07 Giants (Lowry) @ Brewers (Gallardo): 7:05 PM CDT

wOOgiE22
Quote:
The Woodard game is probably my favorite 90's Brewer memory.

Yeah. I think the only hit Woodard gave up was to the lead-off batter--Otis Nixon. Lead-off double and then he completely shut them down.

That game was part of a double-header sweep over Toronto that day. Also it was a fun few weeks because the Brewers got back into the AL Central Race. They got hot about the same time the Indians went stone cold and went from being 8 games back to just 2 back in a weeks time in late July/Early August.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
And since Lowry is pitching, Mench will be in the lineup, unless Mench is hurt.

Hart RF

Hardy SS

Braun 3B

Fielder 1B

Hall CF

Estrada C

Mench LF

Weeks 2B

Gallardo SP

Thats exactly what I was thinking... they've been facing a lot of righties so Mench is just a casualty of that i'm guessing. Kinda curious tho he didn't get really any PT when they had the DH.

Quote:
Steve Woodard 07/28/97 vs. Tor (W)

8 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 12 Ks, 1 ER

That was a truly memorable game for me. I was at county stadium and had great seats to watch that game. Woodard's performance was utterly incredible and got the crowd (me included) very excited as the game wore on. Hope the same thing happens to Yo and brewerfans tonight.

Hart

Hardy

Braun

Fielder

Hall

Weeks

Estrada

Mench

Yo

With the way Milwaukee's been hitting the ball lately, that is not a lineup that a lefthanded starting pitcher would be eager to face.

I'd also have no problems switching the 6,7,8 spots between Weeks, Estrada, and Mench for now - when Rickie gets some ABs under his belt and is hopefully still feeling good, I'd love to have him hitting 6th every day though.

---------------------

I have a 10 year old little leaguer who got a Barry Bonds bat as a birthday gift a couple of years ago. He refuses to use the bat now and I'm sure would be booing with all his might if he were there during this series. Don't underestimate the knowledge of 10 yr olds!
Formerly JohnStumpyPepys

Quote:
9 IP 0 Hits 0 ER 0 BB.

And 150 pitches!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The Giants seem like an interesting test for Yo. Their line-up is chalk full of experienced players. As a team they don't strikeout much nor are their overall hitting stats that impressive.

I mean there arent too many players in that line-up under 35? Bonds, Vizquel, Roberts, Durham, Aurilla, Winn, Klesko??

http://www.shoshoni.org/graphics/YogaSingle36.jpg

Looking at the splits Suppan should start at 1st base for Prince.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

As for the Yo prediction.

6 IP 3 ER 5 H 2 BB 6 K

Alright, since it's likely the guy I was supposed to go with tonight can't go, I have a free ticket available in section 227, good seats. Just PM me with your number that you want me to contact you with (I'll be done with work at around 4:30), and it's first come first serve. I'm 22, so if you feel awkward hanging with someone on the younger side, take that into consideration. Also, it's not for sure because my friend still has to let me know, but just PM me and we'll work from there.

Quote:
27 pitches.

No no, 82 pitches. 27 Ks, and 1 pitch thrown at Bonds, which hits him, and then causes him to have an epiphany, admit all his wrongdoing, and join the peace corps.

I was also at Woodards first career start. I remember that he did pitch a good game but I was pretty young at the time so I didn't realize until now that he put up that good of a line. Memorable for me because I got to go down to the Brewers dugout and shake Gantner's hand and talk to him ( I think he was the 1st base coach). My uncle was a college and minor league teammate of Gantner and had not seen him since those days.

Archived