Brewer Fanatic

Final PECOTA Standings

endaround

Yea, the Cubs outproducing the Crew in BA, OBP & SLG? I don't think so.

EDIT: Also, .281/.351/.449 from the 2008 Rockies? I guess I'll believe that when I see it. They're basically counting on Holliday to hit .340 again, Willy Taveras to bat .320 again, Spilborghs to be around .300 again, and that they'll get a .290-ish/.350-ish line again from 2B. That seems like a lot of hoping to me.

Yes, the Rox play in a huge offensive park, but they give them the best BA/OBP/SLG line in MLB, and then pick them to basically finish at .500. I don't disagree that the Rockies won't win that division, but if they actually post that line, they'd pick up more than 82 wins imo. With Jimenez & Morales in the rotation all year, I don't see how they'd pitch poorly enough to negate that offensive line.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

end meant from 2007 (752 R scored by Cubs)

I might overstate this, but it seems pretty wild & irresponsible to 'forecast' that the same offense will score that much more. The Cubs haven't changed much - if anything - about their offense. Adding Soto for a full season (even if you believe that he can somehow sustain a BABIP of .400) just isn't enough to justify that. I think they'll probably score a few more than last year, but PECOTA's got something wacky going on here imo.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

They project Fukudome for an .905 OPS which would be huge. Pie with an .825 which would also be huge. Soto with an .829 which is insanley higher than their C last year.

I think all 3 of those projections are too high though so I'm comfortable with them being wrong.

Archived